The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tearsforyears
eww thats disguisting i would not be able to cope with learning northern ireland all over again, such a long boring course. the america in the 1920s part isnt too bad though.

I'm so fascinated by 1920/30s America anyway so I already have sound knowledge of it, I mainly just need to learn the causes of the wall street crash and its effects and Hoover's solutions to the depression. How long did it take you to revise northern ireland? The unit 1 exam is in 12 days and I haven't started revising ni yet oops
Original post by MeganMcAlister
I'm so fascinated by 1920/30s America anyway so I already have sound knowledge of it, I mainly just need to learn the causes of the wall street crash and its effects and Hoover's solutions to the depression. How long did it take you to revise northern ireland? The unit 1 exam is in 12 days and I haven't started revising ni yet oops

id say i probably revised for four/five days straight for history last year (at least three of them on ni). it was my last exam last year and i had a week between it and the previous exam so i guess i was pretty lucky. its such an awful exam cause you have to write so much in so little time and its worth 50% of the final grade. im just glad we had that ca.
id say i probably revised for four/five days straight for history last year (at least three of them on ni). it was my last exam last year and i had a week between it and the previous exam so i guess i was pretty lucky. its such an awful exam cause you have to write so much in so little time and its worth 50% of the final grade. im just glad we had that ca.

Omg no way I didn't know it was worth that much of the grade! 2 hours is definitely not enough time to answer all the questions :frown: Do you think I'll be okay in terms of revision time then? I can revise history pretty quickly because I enjoy it but my teacher predicted me to get at least an A so I'm really starting to feel the pressure!
Omg no way I didn't know it was worth that much of the grade! 2 hours is definitely not enough time to answer all the questions :frown: Do you think I'll be okay in terms of revision time then? I can revise history pretty quickly because I enjoy it but my teacher predicted me to get at least an A so I'm really starting to feel the pressure!

honestly, ill say youll do great, if youre predicted an A youll be fine, grade boundaries for history are generally low compared to other subjects.
for history id say just write everything you know, in history examiners only give marks for what you get right, the dont take marks away for what you get wrong.
honestly, ill say youll do great, if youre predicted an A youll be fine, grade boundaries for history are generally low compared to other subjects.
for history id say just write everything you know, in history examiners only give marks for what you get right, the dont take marks away for what you get wrong.

I got 88% in my mock in January and that was with very very very minimal revision but I had a sub teacher at the time because my actual teacher was off sick for a few months and I think the sub was a relatively easy marker so I'm afraid if that isn't reflective of what i'll get in the actual exam ahah, I should really stop spending so much time on tsr and revise for the poetry exam I have on Friday lmao.

And omg I just so happened to look at your about page (fabulous music taste btw) and I see that you're also doing das physics, how are you finding it??? I am literally struggling with this years work its so complicated
(edited 7 years ago)
I got 88% in my mock in January and that was with very very very minimal revision but I had a sub teacher at the time because my actual teacher was off sick for a few months and I think the sub was a relatively easy marker so I'm afraid if that isn't reflective of what i'll get in the actual exam ahah, I should really stop spending so much time on tsr and revise for the poetry exam I have on Friday lmao

yes! lol same i have that exam as well i should be writing some essays or something but im just going through a load of forums :eek:

ive no motivation whatsoever
yes! lol same i have that exam as well i should be writing some essays or something but im just going through a load of forums :eek:

ive no motivation whatsoever

Are you doing English lit with aqa??
I got 88% in my mock in January and that was with very very very minimal revision but I had a sub teacher at the time because my actual teacher was off sick for a few months and I think the sub was a relatively easy marker so I'm afraid if that isn't reflective of what i'll get in the actual exam ahah, I should really stop spending so much time on tsr and revise for the poetry exam I have on Friday lmao.

And omg I just so happened to look at your about page (fabulous music taste btw) and I see that you're also doing das physics, how are you finding it??? I am literally struggling with this years work its so complicated

physics is so hard!! its the only science i havent taken on for alevel, the only topic i can do this year is earth and space.

i love how weve just taken over this forum by the way.
((your music taste is pretty cool to btw :smile:))
Are you doing English lit with aqa??

nope ccea, biggest ballbags about, they have a question on a poem you never see before and every time weve done it in class the highest i get is 12/20.
nope ccea, biggest ballbags about, they have a question on a poem you never see before and every time weve done it in class the highest i get is 12/20.

I'm doing ccea too and the unseen question is the worst tbh
physics is so hard!! its the only science i havent taken on for alevel, the only topic i can do this year is earth and space.

i love how weve just taken over this forum by the way.
((your music taste is pretty cool to btw :smile:))

It is woeful I cannooooot wait to drop it, and literally same! It's the equations and electricity topic I don't understand.
And same aha, we could probably take it to pm's if you want?
(Thank you!)

I do re and english lit with aqa and the rest of my subjects with ccea, so far the aqa exams haven't been too bad so I'm praying that fridays poetry exam will be good. We do an unseen poetry question too but its worth the least amount of marks in the paper (I think its worth like 18 marks and the seen question is worth 36)
Original post by chloecam29
I'm doing ccea too and the unseen question is the worst tbh

how do they expect us to know what is about all the time!! fries my head.
I do re and english lit with aqa and the rest of my subjects with ccea, so far the aqa exams haven't been too bad so I'm praying that fridays poetry exam will be good. We do an unseen poetry question too but its worth the least amount of marks in the paper (I think its worth like 18 marks and the seen question is worth 36)

honestly dont know if id rather do aqa or not
apparently theyre a bunch of idiots to cause i heard their biology exam this year had a load of nonsense questions on it, at least ccea usually stick to the specifications.
honestly dont know if id rather do aqa or not
apparently theyre a bunch of idiots to cause i heard their biology exam this year had a load of nonsense questions on it, at least ccea usually stick to the specifications.

The biology mock I did in January included some aqa questions and they were worded so badly (I ended up getting a D in the mock lmao) ccea science is way better in my opinion
Does anyone have predictions for An Inspector Calls on Fri? I'm freaking out a bit about it! I'm thinking maybe Sheila is likely or Gerald but I have no idea what themes might come up. Any ideas?
anyone do applied business? How do you think it went?
Is anyone doing history unit 1 (higher) on 6th June and unit 2 (higher) on 14th June?? If so, how is your revision going because I am slowly losing motivation lmao

im doing unit 2, i made my notes out over easter so i should be ok, havn't looked at them since though but i mean unit 2 there isn't as much to learn
Anyone got maths t4 and spanish reading tomarrow?

Quick Reply

Latest