The Student Room Group

OCR C2 exam Wed 25th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CLGC98
How were you meant to do the integration to find the area , was it with limits of 3 to -1 or do you do -1 to 0 and 0 to 3?

I did -1 to 0 and 0 to 3 as otherwise it wouldn't give the exact area would it? Not 100% sure but I got something like 179/5
Was this correct - U1 was 5 and Un+1 was Un+1.5 or so, giving a = 5 and d=1.5
For the coeffient is equal to the constant question, did anyone else think they meant the constant k? And get answers of 1/9 and 0 😟
Reply 183
Original post by Heyitsmerhi
I did -1 to 0 and 0 to 3 as otherwise it wouldn't give the exact area would it? Not 100% sure but I got something like 179/5

I thought you only do that when it's below the y axis
Reply 184
Original post by micycle
But the function was in terms of sine.

But the worked out value was calculated from tan so the periocity should be that of tan. It should be pi and if not then pi/a perhaps
Reply 185
Boundary will be somewhere between 56-59 max. Wasn't a hard paper but wasn't the easiest either.
Reply 186
Original post by CLGC98
I thought you only do that when it's below the y axis

I mean x axis

I don't think the function went under y=0, so it should't make a difference.
Was this the right sequence given in the question - Un+1 was Un+1.5
Reply 189
My teacher has confirmed that the answer to 9iii is Pi/3a and 4Pi/3a.
Someone please send in their solution of the integration question with answer 512/15
Reply 191
What was question 6 about?
answer was 512/15 , you only do this if the curve goes below the X axis which it didn't as both the X values lay exactly on the line! just simply do it between 3 and -1
Original post by AlfieH
My teacher has confirmed that the answer to 9iii is Pi/3a and 4Pi/3a.

for definite?
It thought it was alright could have gone better could have gone worst thought c1 was better but I found c1 really easy
Anyone else confused by the binomial expansion question, very unclear wording about what the "constant" was.
could've easily been interpreted either way ???
(I personally got +/- root 3, but both methods and answers make sense)

confused/annoyed at OCR
Original post by morrissies
Anyone else confused by the binomial expansion question, very unclear wording about what the "constant" was.
could've easily been interpreted either way ???
(I personally got +/- root 3, but both methods and answers make sense)

confused/annoyed at OCR

Yeah I did the other way which is apparently wrong but they didn't state which constant and k was a constant
Original post by cc262626
For the coeffient is equal to the constant question, did anyone else think they meant the constant k? And get answers of 1/9 and 0 😟

Yes! Realy annoyed at myself for not reading the question more carefully
Original post by catwat99
Yes! Realy annoyed at myself for not reading the question more carefully

to be fair from what I remember the question was very unclear. I'm not 100% sure but I think the only clue was it said give your answer in exact form (which usually means it involves a square root)

The areas only cancel out when they're above and beneath the x axis (y=0)

If the question had been about integrating with y values as limits, and there were areas on either sides of the y axis, you'd need two separate integrals (I think, I'm just extrapolating)

Quick Reply

Latest