The Student Room Group

Igcse edexcel business

Hey. The business exam is soon. Who else is taking it?

Scroll to see replies

me :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by biologynerd878
me :frown:

How are you finding it?
Reply 3
I'm taking it aswell. Unit 1 should be simple. But the other unit is going to be hard.
Reply 4
Original post by urasab
I'm taking it aswell. Unit 1 should be simple. But the other unit is going to be hard.

What do you mean UNIT 1. Are you doing IGCSE EDEXCEL ?
Reply 5
Ooooohhhhhhhhh. I thought you meant GCSE, but it says IGCSE, never heard of that before. Well... I'm doing GCSE Edexcel Business Studies.

This is slightly awkward..... I'm just going to slowly back away from this thread and act like I never said anything
Ya im taking igcse edexcel business studies as well....how shld we prepare man?
Reply 7
Original post by iHeartNovels_<3
Ya im taking igcse edexcel business studies as well....how shld we prepare man?

Past papers and just read the book learning the key terms first then the content
Original post by Milena1810
Past papers and just read the book learning the key terms first then the content

do you recommend doing papers before 2010?
Reply 9
do you recommend doing papers before 2010?

No, do from 2011 as they're the most recent and the newest as the spec changed in 2011 i think
Omg I found that too easy to be true I finished 30 minutes early as well, only had to miss out that economies of scale and that's it!
omg how was the paper guys???
Original post by STUDENTATOOL
Omg I found that too easy to be true I finished 30 minutes early as well, only had to miss out that economies of scale and that's it!

same! the paper was easy this year
Reply 13

I thought it was ok. Can i ask you a few Q's for what you put?

What did you put for the remaining at 4* thing and why is it important to have good quality service?
Also for the questionnaire as i was stuck for that and also the labout intensive thing. I answered these Q's but not in very much detail. What did you put? :-) x
Reply 14
omg how was the paper guys???

I found it okay, but a bit tricky. Reckon i atleast got a B but hoping for an A
I thought it was ok. Can i ask you a few Q's for what you put?

What did you put for the remaining at 4* thing and why is it important to have good quality service?
Also for the questionnaire as i was stuck for that and also the labout intensive thing. I answered these Q's but not in very much detail. What did you put? :-) x

They want to remain at 4*s because that gives them a good reputation, they can charge a good amount for rooms, customers want to visit, etc
It is important to have a good quality service people want to visit again and reccomend to friends and family, so more business meaning more profit.
Hotels are labor intensive because, housekeeping, manning the help desk etc are all examples. this work cannot be done by machines.
Reply 16
They want to remain at 4*s because that gives them a good reputation, they can charge a good amount for rooms, customers want to visit, etc
It is important to have a good quality service people want to visit again and reccomend to friends and family, so more business meaning more profit.
Hotels are labor intensive because, housekeeping, manning the help desk etc are all examples. this work cannot be done by machines.

Thank god!! I put exactly that except except from charging the amount for the room. Thank you, i am at some relief now. What did you put about the guy wanting to start his own business? I put a partnership. Also what about the first multiple choice i put a break even chart? When we had to do that organisational thing did you fill in all the boxes?
Thank god!! I put exactly that except except from charging the amount for the room. Thank you, i am at some relief now. What did you put about the guy wanting to start his own business? I put a partnership. Also what about the first multiple choice i put a break even chart? When we had to do that organisational thing did you fill in all the boxes?

I said he should start a private limited because he can sell shares to friends and also he isnt liable for losses
Reply 18
I said he should start a private limited because he can sell shares to friends and also he isnt liable for losses

i think ur right as i thought that at first but crossed it out as the question said join him in business
Reply 19
i think ur right as i thought that at first but crossed it out as the question said join him in business

what about the chart thing?

Quick Reply

Latest