The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics P1 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ed_E
Actually I thought it was two hours after it had been heated so you had to subtract 22 from 100, to get 78

FML, How many marks was it again??
Reply 21
Original post by Ed_E
Actually I thought it was two hours after it had been heated so you had to subtract 22 from 100, to get 78

It was 78 to get the final temperature
Reply 22
Not sure of the exact questions:

What type of Radiation was found by physicists in 1964?
CMBR /(Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation)

Why was this so important to Physicists?
Evidence for The Big Bang Theory.
Original post by bossboy9360
Temp change was 22 degrees, add that to the 100 degrees that the water already was and after 2 hours of heating you get 122 degrees

i got 122 degrees i added the 22 to the 100.. is that incorrect? did anyone else get that
Original post by bossboy9360
FML, How many marks was it again??

I believe it was 3 so if you got 122 you'll probably still get 2 marks 👍🏻
Was one of the answers 0.065 degrees/per second or am I wrong? If this isn't right, just ignore me!
Original post by chelsey2343
i got 122 degrees i added the 22 to the 100.. is that incorrect? did anyone else get that

its 78, after 2 hours of being left alone the water would decrease not increase in temperature. It would also be a gas at 122 degrees as the boiling point of water is 100 degrees. At least i think thats right...
Original post by fatriangle
its 78, after 2 hours of being left alone the water would decrease not increase in temperature. It would also be a gas at 122 degrees as the boiling point of water is 100 degrees. At least i think thats right...

hating my self rn i didn't read it probably... hopefully ill still get a mark for the working out
Who got 0.13? and 0.0048? Nobody. Okay. :banghead:
Original post by Adzkii786
Who got 0.13? and 0.0048? Nobody. Okay. :banghead:

I got 0.048
Original post by chelsey2343
hating my self rn i didn't read it probably... hopefully ill still get a mark for the working out

I think it was 3 marks so you'd definitely get 2. Dont worry loads of people i've spoken to did the same thing
Original post by redsoules
It was asking about the vacuum in the kettle. How it is useful or something

Reduces energy transfer by conduction and convection
What did people put about the reasons why france were gonna use nuclear?

I put it was the cheapest and they could sell for a profit but i dont think the latter is right...
6 marker. Stupid as **** I was. Didn't read the question properly, put Wind Turbines and Oil power stations, compared them. Will I get any marks?
Original post by Mastabator123
6 marker. Stupid as **** I was. Didn't read the question properly, put Wind Turbines and Oil power stations, compared them. Will I get any marks?

HEP NOT Oil

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by evebennettx
What did people put about the reasons why france were gonna use nuclear?

I put it was the cheapest and they could sell for a profit but i dont think the latter is right...

Idk but I put:
They are difficult to decommission (takes a long time) so it is easier to keep using it.
And also that they are making a large profit by selling the excess electricity.
Original post by Mastabator123

If you quoted the advantages and disadvantages of wind turbines in your answer you could get up to 3 marks i think, maybe 2 because it might ask for a direct comparison in the markscheme
Reply 37
Energy usefully transferred: 0.48
Saucepan:

Fins... increase surface area (so rate if heat transfer is increased)

Black, metal surfaces... absorb radiation (better than shiny surfaces)
Reply 38
Why did the glass mug conduct heat or something?? What line on the graph was it? What was the radiation the radiation a scientist found out? How do you describe transverse waves??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending