The Student Room Group

Aqa gcse physics 2016 mark scheme and potenial grade boundaries.

Updated straight after the exam. Likely topics are nuclear power and the national grid.
Original post by snapchatter
Updated straight after the exam. Likely topics are nuclear power and the national grid.

This scared me!! I thought I had missed the exam :colondollar:
Reply 2
Original post by lordofthehumans
This scared me!! I thought I had missed the exam :colondollar:

Apologies. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apologies. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too!! How hard do you think it'll be?
Original post by lordofthehumans
You too!! How hard do you think it'll be?

All up to 2014 were pretty easy but 2015 was hard (for me), so it'll probably be a bit difficult again this year:redface:
Reply 5
Guys, was the speed of the bats sound 0.34 or 340m/s?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, was the speed of the bats sound 0.34 or 340m/s?

Posted from TSR Mobile

340m/s :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by JustasB
340m/s :smile:

Thats what I put. Why would it not be 25kwh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
1. Frequency
2. Spread out
3. Equal to
4. 340m/s
5. Echoes

Wrong order but correct answers.

It was 78 degrees btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
From what I can remember fins for surface area and black surface for better absorbtion. Ask if you are unsure on any answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the 340 m/s was the m/s already on as the units?
Original post by Student166
On the 340 m/s was the m/s already on as the units?

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
How hard did you all think that aqa physics paper was ? I think I failed 😭
Original post by earikakarki
How hard did you all think that aqa physics paper was ? I think I failed 😭

same, do you do triple (so did you do all 3 - P1, P2, P3?). P3 was horrific but P2 was manageable I thought, but still hard. Can't really remember P1 tbh.
[QUOTE=romansholiday;66683312]same, do you do triple (so did you do all 3 - P1, P2, P3?). P3 was horrific but P2 was manageable I thought, but still hard. Can't really remember P1 tbh.
Yeah I did P1, P2 and P3 but messed up my P2 and P3 😭 I feel so bad!! Btw, what do you think the grade boundaries will be like for physics this year ??
Original post by earikakarki
Yeah I did P1, P2 and P3 but messed up my P2 and P3 😭 I feel so bad!! Btw, what do you think the grade boundaries will be like for physics this year ??

Honestly I really don't know! I didn't do many past papers for Physics so I don't think I know enough about the paper to accurately predict the grade boundaries. I left everything WAYYYYY too late. I had to learn the whole of P2 and P3 the day before LOL. Judging by Twitter, P2 will be lower, and P3 I found really hard, but others found easier so I'm praying for lower on that. I could've actually gotten in the 20s for that no joke:biggrin:

The only reason I'm not worried about Physics is because I'm not doing it next year, and I generally don't care for it that much. Biology on the other hand... omg I feel sick just thinking about my Biology result.

Speaking of grade boundaries I've made this document with all the grade boundaries that apply to me from last year, and the day before results day I'll update it with the grade boundaries this year so I can compare between the years (I'm weird and extra like that lol)

Quick Reply

Latest