The Student Room Group

What is more important AS or A2 grades?

For most UK universities they base there offers of AS grades. If i were to achieve poor AS grades but stellar A2 grades would i still have a chance of getting into that same University that rejected me when they now look at my A2 grades?
Yes, with UCAS there is a system called "Adjustment"; students who exceed their offers can use this system to find a 'better' university which requires higher grades.

-Worth noting that not all Universities enter adjustment though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
does it work for medicine?
Hey guys, I'm currently doing my AS level and I was wondering if I really need to do sixth form for me to become an airline captain or is year 12 enough?
I know someone who did this for medicine back in '11. Got A*A*A* and called them up on results day and got a place.
Original post by callum9977
Yes, with UCAS there is a system called "Adjustment"; students who exceed their offers can use this system to find a 'better' university which requires higher grades.

-Worth noting that not all Universities enter adjustment though.
What about an exceptionally competitive university like Imperial College London?
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
What about an exceptionally competitive university like Imperial College London?

Imperial College London will be extremely difficult. I don't believe they have entered clearing before. However it all depends on what happens to their offer holders on results day and whether they want to enter adjustment/clearing (same system really).
I found this if you're interested http://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/apply/after-you-apply/clearing/.
Who knows what they'll do this year!

Quick Reply