The Student Room Group

OCR BIOLOGY GATEWAY B 25TH MAY 2016 B1 B2 B3 Exam

Scroll to see replies

why were the tigers in more danger of extinction in 1990?
Original post by ellamoon_22
Same I'm pretty sure these were the numbers but that six mark was a blessing :biggrin:

That was the numbers but you read the question wrong. It asked for PLANTS to SHEEP. The first box (200,000) WAS NOT PLANTS. The SECOND box was PLANTS. The THIRD was SHEEP (200/4000 x 100 = 5%)

(Putting the key points in caps so people will read it before they post.
Reply 82
I thought the paper was very vague and I hadn't seen questions in that style before…

My school compiles all questions from 2012 onwards on each module (including Chemistry and Physics) into a booklets for revision so I thought that this paper would be a breeze because I had done so much practise, but now I'm not sure where I stand.

Also, I'm kind of annoyed at how simple the topics were. In a sense it was easy, but if I've spent three years of my life studying for it to come down to one hour and fifteen minutes, I want it to be worthwhile! Where was the nitrogen cycle and protein synthesis? I wanted the hardcore questions I studied so hard for!
[QUOTE="Zoroarrkk;65161615"]That was the numbers but you read the question wrong. It asked for PLANTS to SHEEP. The first box (200,000) WAS NOT PLANTS. The SECOND box was PLANTS. The THIRD was SHEEP (200/4000 x 100 = 5%)

(Putting the key points in caps so people will read it before they post.[/QUOTE
and efficiency is energy available to next level divided by energy available from previous level
there was 400kj of energy available to next level
and 20000 was available from previous
therefore efficiency is 2 %
Original post by natstudentgcse
why were the tigers in more danger of extinction in 1990?

I talked bout how the habit numbers decreased so could become extinct cause no habitat to live and get food from. Also destroying Habits means less variety of species and no food source maybe the would have to develop another ecological niche
Original post by Zoroarrkk
That was the numbers but you read the question wrong. It asked for PLANTS to SHEEP. The first box (200,000) WAS NOT PLANTS. The SECOND box was PLANTS. The THIRD was SHEEP (200/4000 x 100 = 5%)

The sheep was also to humans so plants get 200000 and sheep get 4000 so I did 4000(useful energy) divided by the total intake the plants got

Anyway It doesn't matter anymore can't hang answer:h:

What waste number after sheep to humans I think I get it
(edited 7 years ago)
5% or 2% for the second six marker?
[QUOTE="natstudentgcse;65161757"]

(Putting the key points in caps so people will read it before they post.[/QUOTE
and efficiency is energy available to next level divided by energy available from previous level
there was 400kj of energy available to next level
and 20000 was available from previous
therefore efficiency is 2 %

I'm pretty sure if it asks for sheep, then you do the sheep's amount (next level. 200) over the previous which is plants. I might be wrong, but that's what i think.
Original post by bjjjjjhhjhjhjh

I put 5% but not sure if I calculated the correct arrow. What did everyone get for the % chance of the baby having weird thumbs or cystic fibrosis because I think I messed that one up too?
Original post by Edmar Hadad
was the 6 marker 2 percent for efficiency?

I got 5%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charlievanest
I put 5% but not sure if I calculated the correct arrow. What did everyone get for the % chance of the baby having weird thumbs or cystic fibrosis because I think I messed that one up too?

both 50%

This is correct ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92

I got 5%. What about you?
What was the number after the sheep and this wasn't even the hardest question what did people do forte oxygen debt A and B graphs
(edited 7 years ago)
I talked bout how the habit numbers decreased so could become extinct cause no habitat to live and get food from. Also destroying Habits means less variety of species and no food source maybe the would have to develop another ecological niche

I said this and also about more intraspecific and interspecific competition for resources and habitat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by luciie

I got 5% too!
both 50%

me too but was a guess and everyone seemed to get 75% so I wasn't sure
What was the number after the sheep and this wasn't even the hardest question what did people do forte oxygen debt A and B graphs

I said the reason the two where the same is due to your maximum vital capacity and that substance X was Carbon Dioxide as it rises when you exercise. but I might be wrong.
both 50%

I got 50% for the first one, 0% for the second :s

Original post by luciie

I also got 5%
Reply 99
Original post by U-GradeStudent
I got 5% too!

Wooo :tongue: I hope it's right, when I was talking about it with other people they all seemed to get 2% :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending