The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Physics Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

@ihatehannah you need to fix 13c it's displace the colder liquid, not the colder air

Also 14 the data logger isn't more accurate, it's more precise. (goes to nearest 0.1c not 1c like the thermometer)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ammo12s
what about the last question about the convection current of the coffee?

heated coffee becomes less dense which rises, which displaces cooler coffee at top, the denser cooler coffee falls to the bottom and that gets heated which causes a convection current
Original post by Omz123
It had a glass base...glass dont have free electrons? Does it?🤔

The question was about the metal saucepan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redsoules
What did you have for that then? I knew glass is a poor conductor, but how else can you explain energy transfer by conduction in a glass? there must be electrons free to move?

no conduction can occur as the particles in the glass vibrating transferring energy to neighbouring particles when they collide
Reply 124
Original post by greenapple10
no it doesn't, only metals do.

Yeah so for the conduction question you would talk about the molecules of glass not the electrons?
Original post by Omz123
It had a glass base...glass dont have free electrons? Does it?🤔

It does not have free electrons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by habeeb_00
@ihatehannah you need to fix 13c it's displace the colder liquid, not the colder air

Also 14 the data logger isn't more accurate, it's more precise. (goes to nearest 0.1c not 1c like the thermometer)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you get a mark for more accurate or reliable? or do you have to say precise
Original post by e-p-redd
Do you think I'd get the mark for saying that both waves travel at 3 x 10^8 but I didn't write in a vacuum? :frown:

Yes you would

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Omz123
Yeah so for the conduction question you would talk about the molecules of glass not the electrons?

yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which is known as better resolution, hopefully they accept that.
Reply 130
The question was about the metal saucepan

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was..I swear the last one was on a glass base and coffee?
Original post by redsoules
Mobile phones infrared?
Microwaves I had as transmission signals?

For infrared, can you say remote control?
Original post by Arisole
Would you get a mark for more accurate or reliable? or do you have to say precise

i'm sure accurate is fine
Original post by Arisole

I'd say it depends on if they're feeling generous. The thermometer isn't really less reliable than the data logger, it's just less precise in its measurements.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the diffraction I put spreading not spreading out will I still get the mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adamtoo
For infrared, can you say remote control?

yes
Reply 136
Original post by BobbiBlue
For the diffraction I put spreading not spreading out will I still get the mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote that too...you will get the mark
Original post by trishka
I added it to the 100 to get 122

same but could be wrong as water was not heated max 2 marks i think
can someone help me i put 4200 divided by 100 x 0.5 and i got 21 i then took 21 away from the initial temp of 100 but it got me 79 where did i go wrong
Original post by Omz123
It was..I swear the last one was on a glass base and coffee?

Am i missing something because i dont remember writing about a glass base...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending