The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics P1 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alidas147
No it asked for the temperature after 2 hours

Yeah I got 78 too as I took 22 from 100 which was the initial temp?
Reply 41
I got 0.07, which is close.
I describes Longitudinal waves as the particles in the waves follow the flow of the waves. and used the Slinky spring as an example.
I also said they cannot travel through a vacuum and can only travel through a medium.

The graph asked what was the average decrease of temp. for C.

I basically put 2oC. I think it was 1.75... that is the sum of points from 0-100 seconds that were added up and divided by 4. No time for that, just put 2 lol...
Reply 43
Original post by Adzkii786
Who got 0.13? and 0.0048? Nobody. Okay. :banghead:

I got 0.13 too! 😞 I've made so many silly mistakes
Reply 44
Evaporation question:

Particles with most energy are faster and move

Breaks apart from weak forces of attraction between molecules

Average kinetic energy is lower = temperature is lower
Original post by redsoules
Sorry. It asked for TEMPERATURE CHANGE not the actual temp. It was 22oC

Well ****. This is what I thought It asked anyway? It gave SHC, what we needed to find out what the temperature difference. and the difference was 22. From my calculations anyway??

Sorry no, it asked for the temperature after 2 hours, you needed to work out the difference then minus it from 100. The answer was 78
Original post by Alvie
Evaporation question:

Particles with most energy are faster and move

Breaks apart from weak forces of attraction between molecules

Average kinetic energy is lower = temperature is lower

You had to say that the fastest particles ESCAPE from the liquid, so that would have given you 2 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Anyone get 6.416 for the what' the power in watts?
Reply 48
I describes Longitudinal waves as the particles in the waves follow the flow of the waves. and used the Slinky spring as an example.
I also said they cannot travel through a vacuum and can only travel through a medium.

The graph asked what was the average decrease of temp. for C.

I basically put 2oC. I think it was 1.75... that is the sum of points from 0-100 seconds that were added up and divided by 4. No time for that, just put 2 lol...

For the longitudinal sound waves question I said that the waves have compressions and rarefactions that mean it vibrate through a medium, and the oscillations are parallel to the direction the wave is travelling.
I named like 5 control variables for that 1 mark question, would I get a mark if it still had the right answer?
Original post by bossboy9360
Temp change was 22 degrees, add that to the 100 degrees that the water already was and after 2 hours of heating you get 122 degrees

If you think about it, clearly it can't be 122 degrees from 100 after boiling from a kettle for 2 hours where most kettles only go up to 100 degrees, even if there was a higher kettle, pretty sure the water would get higher than 122 or evaporate out. It asked for the temperature after boiling to 100 and the decrease after 2 hours which was 78 (100-22)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 51

im pretty sure it was 0.48 because you have to remember to multiply it by 100 you would still get a mark though
Reply 52
Original post by Mud-33

i got that
Reply 53
Original post by Mud-33

Yes!!!
Reply 54
What was the answer for the °C/s question?
I got 0.0048
Sorry. It asked for TEMPERATURE CHANGE not the actual temp. It was 22oC

Well ****. This is what I thought It asked anyway? It gave SHC, what we needed to find out what the temperature difference. and the difference was 22. From my calculations anyway??

No, unfortunately. It asked for the temperature after 2 hours. Part of the working out WAS to find the temperature difference, which was 22 degrees celsius.
Don't worry, you'll get method marks :smile:
Original post by Mud-33

Yeah I did too, but i rounded it to 6.42 as it as a reoccurring decimal
Original post by RubiksNinja
I am 99.9% sure it asked for temperature after 2 hours...

yeah it defo did

I got 0.13 too! I didn't bother to look at the graph properly, as natural :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending