The Student Room Group

GCSE CORE SCIENCE B1 C1 P1 Exams 2016 {OFFICIAL THREAD} EDEXCEL ONLY

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blizza15
where was the blue shift at. i didn't write that i wanna cry

What blue shift question ?!? And what did you get for the wuestion where you had to work out the amount of cost in pence
Original post by arniebob
What did everyone put for the question about the ions 'just not moving quickly outwards'?

I said how their gravity was in balance with the outward force of nuclear fusion.
I failed sooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by blizza15
where was the blue shift at. i didn't write that i wanna cry

I thought it was still red shift because the measurements were in nanometers?
What did you get about the star question about the wavelength of the star from the sun or something ?
What did everyone put for the question about the ions 'just not moving quickly outwards'?

I wrote that the force of gravity because of the mass of the sun causes the ions to be brought together so they dont move outwards
Original post by the pro
What blue shift question ?!? And what did you get for the wuestion where you had to work out the amount of cost in pence

I got 1075p lmao but i think it was supposed to be 1p
guys literally talking about it is gonna make you feel worse, i think that exam was so terrible-it was so hard and the grade boundaries are gonna be incredibly low, its been 44 for an A* before.. you're better off revising whats up next bc it might make you stress out even more :frown:
It was 1p because you had to convert watts to kilowatts
Reply 289
That was so hard honestly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by roshna00
I got 1075p lmao but i think it was supposed to be 1p

Ahhh I got 10.8p
Original post by roshna00
I wrote that the force of gravity because of the mass of the sun causes the ions to be brought together so they dont move outwards

I put that the outwards force created by thermal energy is balanced by the force of gravity pulling everything inwards

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was 1p because you had to convert watts to kilowatts

Did u? Everyone in my class got 1075p

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same with my class everyone got 1075p, including me.
Original post by DamnDaniel2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by JakeTurner16
Same with my class everyone got 1075p, including me.

The attached picture is from my revision guide. It was 3.2W so it would have been 0.0032kW. Also, 1075p would have been quite expensive for just a couple of minutes of electricity for the computer :smile:
Wasnt it 24 hours tho?
well, i was hoping to get bohemian rhapsody stuck in my head, but sadly in that exam I didn't :angry:
now to revise maths!
Reply 297
The attached picture is from my revision guide. It was 3.2W so it would have been 0.0032kW. Also, 1075p would have been quite expensive for just a couple of minutes of electricity for the computer :smile:

Then there is me who put 0.14p thinking is was it £ and got 101p
But 10,000p is £10 it seems a bit unreasonable
Reply 298

Then there is me who put 0.14p thinking is was it £ and got 101p

But 10,000p is £10 it seems a bit unreasonable
Original post by the pro
Ahhh I got 10.8p

i also got that but my friends are saying its wrong and they are comparing their answers with mine (they both think they got everything right)!!!!! :s-smilie::angry::s-smilie::colonhash::u:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending