The Student Room Group

AQA Environmental studies/science unit 1 exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by josaltzman
Yeah, that sounds good!! Tbh I had like 2 minutes at the end to answer this question and so I barely managed to talk about abiotic factors at all! I also didn't know if we were meant to talk about succession or something else :s-smilie: I ended up saying D.O.M might change the edaphic factors and then oak trees would become the dominant species, changing the light intensity and maybe pH, but I completely forgot about things like humidity and wind velocity! Ah well, hopefully I'll pick up 1 or 2 :biggrin:

Ahh pH was a good idea! I think I might have mentioned precipitation rate increasing due to increased transpiration but I'm too sure if that's credible tbh:/ humidity is a much better idea!
Reply 21
Original post by SFK537
I struggled for Thyme

I only just realised this was a pun😂 #onlyenvironmentalistsgetit
Actually thought it was a very good paper, most of the questions were good, didn't enjoy the butterfly/caterpillar question though! With the 8 Marker, I think there will be a large range of acceptable answers as quite an open question.
Reply 23
Original post by BenSainsbury
Actually thought it was a very good paper, most of the questions were good, didn't enjoy the butterfly/caterpillar question though! With the 8 Marker, I think there will be a large range of acceptable answers as quite an open question.

Hopefully!😊
Original post by BenSainsbury

It could have been a lot worse! What did you write for the butterfly question? I felt like I was writing such basic answers with the whole grass cutting one.
Original post by josaltzman
It could have been a lot worse! What did you write for the butterfly question? I felt like I was writing such basic answers with the whole grass cutting one.

I just related most of my answers to how they have to compete and their habitat being taken up and all that, haven't got a clue really.
Reply 26
10 marker predictions???
Reply 27
Original post by SFK537
10 marker predictions???

What did everyone think?????
Original post by SFK537

The 11 Marker I found was the most difficult question on the paper for me.

Up till Question 6, was mainly Climate and Greenhouse Gases, which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Reply 29
Original post by SFK537

I was surprised that it was an 11 marker for the last question, I don't think it was a horrendous paper but I think i messed up my answers:/ What did you think of the soil triangle question?
Reply 30
I thought it was much much better than paper 1!! I thought all of the questions were really good, although I'm confused as to why it was 11 marks and not 10???
Original post by SFK537
I thought it was much much better than paper 1!! I thought all of the questions were really good, although I'm confused as to why it was 11 marks and not 10???

I agree! It was waaay better than the first one! I think I made a few mistakes, but I didn't find it *too* hard. For the last question, I think it was just to make it all add up to 15 marks. I talked about the Haber process, ploughing, water logging/draining, and fertilisers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest