45 ---> 60 UMS (C)
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

so much easier than the 2015 paper! *breaths sigh of relief* :redface:

I reckon 65 for an A
(edited 7 years ago)
It was actually a really nice paper
Reply 3
Hoping for 68 or 69 for A*. Wasn't the easiest but better than 2015.
Does anyone do unofficial mark schemes (apparently arsey doesn't) and does anyone know what time they will be up?
Reply 5
I found it okay but think boundaries will be low. 68 for A* and 62 for A imo.
I lost 8 marks by doing the wrong distribution :angry: other than that I think I got basically everything right

So pissed off at myself for ruining my A* chance with such a stupid mistake
Reply 7
there, i finished s3
NEVER AGAIN
Reply 8
Really standard paper, no questions were very unusual. Might mean there are high grade boundaries.
Reply 9
IAL was tricky-ish.

Conditional probability bit applied to combination of random variables and some biased estimator expectation algebra. Also included finding critical regions for a normal distribution. Chi squared tests had ugly numbers.

Hoping to get 70+/75. Boundaries could be a little lower (I doubt it though) since the paper included some newish stuff not seen in past papers and had 8 questions.

Who would have thought that M3 would have been easier than S3? :lol:
Original post by TeeEm
How did you find this year's S3?
EDEXCEL only

This is last year's poll on S3
S3 POLL.JPG
these were the actual boundaries of last year's exam
73 full UMS
66 ---> 90 UMS
59 ---> 80 UMS (A)
52 ---> 70 UMS (B)
45 ---> 60 UMS (C)

Have you got the data for the boundaries from a previous year where the majority of people found it an "ok" paper?
Thank you!
Reply 11
Original post by coolguy123456
Have you got the data for the boundaries from a previous year where the majority of people found it an "ok" paper?
Thank you!

I only did it last year and this is only the second year which I am trying to collect information
Original post by TeeEm
I only did it last year and this is only the second year which I am trying to collect information

Ahh no worries, thanks for starting this thread though :smile:
Reply 13
Sounds like the IAL was harder than the UK paper. We had conditional probability, some trippy dice crap, 8 questions and no confidence intervals which are usually free marks.
Reply 14
Not enough time. I don't understand how can someone finish in an hour :redface: I probably write too much in hypothesis testing questions.(?)
Last year I made a mistake in one of the last questions in S2 (very COSTLY mistake), this year again a mistake in one of the last questions in S3 - and it looks like it's going to cost me a lot of marks...again. Not a happy bunny right now.
Reply 15
Fairly standard paper - though I agree with others that it was surprisingly lengthy timewise... might just be me taking more care in the exam situation.
Reply 16
I finished with 5 minutes to spare but only because i nearly messed up the Poisson part. I thought the mean was 25/3 but then i got the mean as 1.8.
Reply 17
did the ial paper and i must say it wasnt what i expected :-p
I was really confident since i finished all my pastpaper questions and got 70+, losing marks only to addition/subtraction or kiddy things like writing > as < etc
but this paper was on another level and i think i messed up the 8th question sadly.
Reply 18
Original post by N92991
did the ial paper and i must say it wasnt what i expected :-p
I was really confident since i finished all my pastpaper questions and got 70+, losing marks only to addition/subtraction or kiddy things like writing > as < etc
but this paper was on another level and i think i messed up the 8th question sadly.

What are you predicting boundaries to be?
Reply 19
Original post by Ayman!
What ae you predicting boundaries to be?

This paper was a bit harder than fp2 June 2015 so maybe 65/66 for A and 70 for A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending