The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Physics Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by redsoules
Damn... just realized this now. what a fool.

Slower rate of evaporation, because the rate of evaporation decreases when reducing the surface area because less particles are exposed

Posted from TSR Mobile
The last part for the mug question was explain convection (4 marks) -
Particles at bottom are heated, particles gain KE, fluid becomes less dense and floats so it rises, cold fluid rushes in to replace the warm fluid
I think I got about 43, which is fine because physics is my worst science, what grade do you think that will be?
For the diffraction one could you say 'bend'
Reply 164
The answer for the one were it said the volume of the liquid was decreased what affect would this have?
Original post by alyxgower
I think I got about 43, which is fine because physics is my worst science, what grade do you think that will be?

Not sure. Last years A* was 47/60 and I don't think it will change by much at all. Probably looking at 46-48 A* and 36-40 = A
What did the question about the control variable say? My friends said the question didn't mention volume but I though it did so I put another control variable...
The control variable I put was have the temperature probes the same temp before being put into each liquid. Is this valid?
Original post by Pedi
The answer for the one were it said the volume of the liquid was decreased what affect would this have?

increased rate of evapouration given surface area stays same.
Original post by ihatehannah
I do not think colour is one.

Black coloured surfaces are good emitters of radiation so yes that was one of the answers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 169
Original post by Pedi

The temperature would decrease slower because the rate of evaporation would decrease.
Original post by Pedi

Slower rate of evaporation, because the rate of evaporation decreases when reducing the surface area because less particles are exposed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redsoules
Not sure. Last years A* was 47/60 and I don't think it will change by much at all. Probably looking at 46-48 A* and 36-40 = A

Ah okay, thank you I'd be happy with an A so hopefully the boundaries are around that!
Original post by Pedi

I said evaporation is faster as more is in contact with the surroundings.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4118105i

This a neater collection, check it out :smile:
Original post by charliej2802
Did anyone else put 22 degrees, think i messed it up

I did
Original post by tahsin360
Yh you had to multiply the 2 hrs by 3600 and get the time in seconds and the final answer would be in watts. I got 6.42 watts

I DID THAT!! What was your answer for the first equation question about frequency, wave speed and wavelength? I got a very long decimal answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 176
For the control variable I put for the temperature probes to be kept in the same place in the liquid ? Anyone think could be accepted
Original post by Adamtoo
If I said Cosmic Background Radiation would I still get the mark?

i did the same...dont see why they wouldnt give the mark because in the question they asked for the microwaves found.
Reply 178
For the second questions will I get a mark if it wrote passes through a gap.
Original post by Billybob17283
i did the same...dont see why they wouldnt give the mark because in the question they asked for the microwaves found.

I put cosmic background radiation too - hopefully they give the mark.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending