The Student Room Group

AS Bio - How do I type this into my calculator using Fick's Law (Rate of Diffusion)?

How do I type the following into a calculator to get the same answer in the example? I really don't understand...
Ficks law (Equation).jpg
Original post by Philip-flop
How do I type the following into a calculator to get the same answer in the example? I really don't understand...
Ficks law (Equation).jpg
I typed in: 0.012x2.2x(.3x10^16-9.0x10^17)/1 and got 3.696x10^-18 (3.7x10^18)
Original post by RedRosesBloom
I typed in: 0.012x2.2x(.3x10^16-9.0x10^17)/1 and got 3.696x10^-18 (3.7x10^18)

Omg, please explain to me how you got this. I tried typing exactly what you wrote and I get a completely different answer. What am I doing wrong? :frown:

Edit: I managed to work it out correctly now. Thank you so much :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Omg, please explain to me how you got this. I tried typing exactly what you wrote and I get a completely different answer. What am I doing wrong? :frown:

Edit: I managed to work it out correctly now. Thank you so much :smile:
Yahhy! I'm glad :smile:
Yahhy! I'm glad :smile:

You have no idea how helpful you have been to me!! Seriously thank you!

Can I ask you what units to negative powers mean? I know...
beats min^-1 basically means beats "per" minute, but I don't really understand when other units have higher negative powers e.g. um^-2
:frown:

Sorry I'm pestering you so much!!
Reply 5
OCR AS BIOLOGY A (2015) - These puns are getting cornea and cornea...
http://link.q.is/Pnwc/QvKOBHPGFt

This is a quiz for Biology and it is getting constantly updated so it's really great for quick fire revision and good for practice of Multiple choice questions. Although its based from the OCR Spec, it's still useful for revision because biology is simply biology... So enjoy revising!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have no idea how helpful you have been to me!! Seriously thank you!

Can I ask you what units to negative powers mean? I know...
beats min^-1 basically means beats "per" minute, but I don't really understand when other units have higher negative powers e.g. um^-2
:frown:

Sorry I'm pestering you so much!!
It's no problem. I thought I submitted a reply? Guess not :s-smilie:. Either I'll right it again... um stands for micrometers so I believe that it means micrometers squared? Although, I'm not entirely sure and I don't really get the different negative powers either...
It's no problem. I thought I submitted a reply? Guess not :s-smilie:. Either I'll right it again... um stands for micrometers so I believe that it means micrometers squared? Although, I'm not entirely sure and I don't really get the different negative powers either...

Aw no worries, I understand that you're probably really busy too! How's the revising going ?
Ficks law (Equation).jpg

what board do you do?
Aw no worries, I understand that you're probably really busy too! How's the revising going ?
It's going ok I believe, I'm just trying to do as many past papers as possible right now and going through the areas I'm not quite certain about and of course trying to not get too stressed out for tomorrow!!! :P what about you?
Original post by medicapplicant
what board do you do?

Edexcel (new 2015 spec)

It's going ok I believe, I'm just trying to do as many past papers as possible right now and going through the areas I'm not quite certain about and of course trying to not get too stressed out for tomorrow!!! :P what about you?

I've had better days I think, I haven't had much time to revise for it this week as I had Maths C2 today :frown: But I'm trying not to panic.
Edexcel (new 2015 spec)

I've had better days I think, I haven't had much time to revise for it this week as I had Maths C2 today :frown: But I'm trying not to panic.
Hope your Maths went well. :h: I know what you mean! I haven't done much biology revision, but I feel like I know the content pretty well. I just need to practice past papers learn how to word answers, hitting all the marks available because even when I may write something that is correct, if it isn't on the mark scheme, I don't get the mark *cries*. Although, haven't had much time to do this and I have chemistry Friday morning :frown:
Hope your Maths went well. :h: I know what you mean! I haven't done much biology revision, but I feel like I know the content pretty well. I just need to practice past papers learn how to word answers, hitting all the marks available because even when I may write something that is correct, if it isn't on the mark scheme, I don't get the mark *cries*. Although, haven't had much time to do this and I have chemistry Friday morning :frown:

Yeah I admit that I haven't done near enough past papers as I probably should have by now. That's why my exam technique is lacking :frown: I've only done 2 past papers today (untimed) but am still struggling.
Yeah I admit that I haven't done near enough past papers as I probably should have by now. That's why my exam technique is lacking :frown: I've only done 2 past papers today (untimed) but am still struggling.
Oh :frown: try not to worry too much about it. Just think you have done your best and there's nothing more you can do but keep going. Try not to stay up too late either, get a good nights sleep, so you feel ready and refreshed in the morning. :hugs:
Oh :frown: try not to worry too much about it. Just think you have done your best and there's nothing more you can do but keep going. Try not to stay up too late either, get a good nights sleep, so you feel ready and refreshed in the morning. :hugs:

Thanks for the advice!! Yeah I think I'll be going to bed by midnight the latest tbh! :smile: How many past papers have you managed to get through?
Thanks for the advice!! Yeah I think I'll be going to bed by midnight the latest tbh! :smile: How many past papers have you managed to get through?
Haha, I'm going to bed now, then going to try and get up early to do extra revision. I've been doing individual questions from wJEC question bank on topics that I find harder, so I haven't done any full past papers today. :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending