The Student Room Group

NUS disaffiliation movement gaining ground - Hull latest to leave

Hull has just resoundingly voted to leave the NUS, joining Lincoln and Newcastle.

Cambridge are deciding today I believe? Or maybe somebody closer to it knows better than me?

What is your university doing? Are you comfortable being represented by this bunch of "safe space" clowns or will you join the disaffiliation movement?
Interesting. Wonder who will be next....
Great news.

The more people dissafiliate with that hot bed of Anti Semitism and hypocrisy the better.
The NUS has always been borderline insane but under its latest President it jumped the shark...
My respect of Hull University students has just increased.I will be surprised if Cambridge leave, as it tends to be the white middle / upper class privileged students that are behind most of the safe space / triggering nonsense, and that demographic is especially large at Cambridge.
as always a good article from the spectator

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/the-nus-is-made-up-of-careerists-playing-at-being-students/

'Simon Blake might not be a name or personality that catches attention he rarely appears in the newspapers, has never been elected by students, and isn’t a name that most undergraduates will ever have heard of. And yet he’s the CEO of the NUS, sitting comfortably on a tidy sum of £100,000 per annum. It’s not clear exactly what he does to earn a salary five times that of the average graduate, but judging by his latest NUS blog post, it includes jolly sojourns across the pond to the US.'
Reply 6
As someone else said, my respect for the students of Newcastle, Lincoln and Hull has shot up.
Reply 7
Neeeext!
No idea where UWE currently stand with the NUS. Hopefully they leave.
I am very much enjoying watching the slow death of the NUS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
I am very much enjoying watching the slow death of the NUS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.

How many universities need to disaffiliate for this insanely anti Semitic President to be forced out, do we think?
Lol NUS are already breaking the rules and being crafty at the Cambridge referendum :lol:
Tsk tsk
http://thetab.com/uk/cambridge/2016/05/25/nus-2-77661
Reply 12
Original post by StrawbAri
Lol NUS are already breaking the rules and being crafty at the Cambridge referendum :lol:
Tsk tsk
http://thetab.com/uk/cambridge/2016/05/25/nus-2-77661

Looks like they are worried! :smile:
Good. Hopefully that vile organisation will die a painful death and its supporters will finally learn their lesson.
The Loughborough Union Trustees have voted to uphold the Student Union decision to disaffiliate from the NUS.

In leaving they will take back the £2,822,491 they hand over to the NUS services organisation. If you add the annual affilition fee and revenues from discounts that is getting on for £3 million the NUS is losing from just Loughborough alone. :smile:

Let's see how the discredited NUS copes without the money!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending