The Student Room Group

P1 physics edexcel did you guys find it awful?!

Scroll to see replies

What was the answer for part of the laptop question where it was turned on with 79w
Original post by Tiger-lily15
Me too!

Omg help. I had that at first but I thought 1p for 24 hours seemed unrealistic, so I didn't convert the W into kW and got 1075p. But now thinking about it, £10 seems unrealistic for 24 hours. Omg what have I done. I should've just left my answer as it was. Omg what. Omg. Omg.
Crying rn.
A whole 3 marks.
Crying.
Reply 62
Original post by TJ2001
and me, predicted an A* and I have no chance. I actually had to guess answers because I had no sensible clue as to what they could be.

Omg same, I have been predicted an A* and now this physics is not gonna let that happen :frown:
Original post by sciences00
Omg help. I had that at first but I thought 1p for 24 hours seemed unrealistic, so I didn't convert the W into kW and got 1075p. But now thinking about it, £10 seems unrealistic for 24 hours. Omg what have I done. I should've just left my answer as it was. Omg what. Omg. Omg.
Crying rn.
A whole 3 marks.
Crying.

Don't worry you should get 1 mark for applying the formula :smile:
Original post by sciences00
Crying rn.
A whole 3 marks.
Crying.

I put 1p as it was on stanby it wasnt actually running, i almost did the same thing as you, but then i read the question carefully.
Original post by Renesa
Omg same, I have been predicted an A* and now this physics is not gonna let that happen :frown:

The grade boundaries should be lower considering the exam was difficult for everyone. Just ensure you do your best in the next exams! You will be fine :smile:
What was the graph 1 decrease in temperature for the firts 100 seconds
Was the 6 marker towards or away from the normal?
Original post by This_is_Hugo
I put 1p as it was on stanby it wasnt actually running, i almost did the same thing as you, but then i read the question carefully.

I could've gained 2 marks if I hadn't scribbled out my previous workings....damn.
Original post by Johnsmith12121

I believe it was towards
Original post by This_is_Hugo
What was the answer for part of the laptop question where it was turned on with 79w

i believe it was 39p not too sure
Has anybody got a rough idea what you need for A, B, C please with lower grade boundaries, I need to work out what I got overall :smile:
I'm ****ing pissed off. This paper was insane! Woah. I always get A's for physics and I had 51/60 in my 2015 edexcel (last years paper) mock exam paper. The wavelenght was actually difficult af. I felt like crying.
does anyone know where i can find an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by Cool_Henry
I believe it was towards

Why was it towards and not away? Isn't shallow water less dense?
Original post by Xtreme Xecution
I'm ****ing pissed off. This paper was insane! Woah. I always get A's for physics and I had 51/60 in my 2015 edexcel (last years paper) mock exam paper. The wavelenght was actually difficult af. I felt like crying.

did you put the wavelength decreased or increased?
i put decreased as the speed of the wave slowed down but the frequency remaind the same so surely the wavelength would decrease ,right?
Why was it towards and not away? Isn't shallow water less dense?

That's what you would expect but unfortunately the question said that the shallow water was more dense :frown:
Original post by Topcat102
did you put the wavelength decreased or increased?
i put decreased as the speed of the wave slowed down but the frequency remaind the same so surely the wavelength would decrease ,right?

That's what I said and using the equation that would be correct. Good job! :smile:
Honestly, the worlds worst exam ever, cannot believe they gave us that :frown: I will be surprised if I pass:s-smilie:
Reply 79
I put towards, not sure if I did it right though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending