The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B1,B2,B3 : How did it go?

How do you think the exam was and do you think the style of questions would be the same for the other science papers?

Scroll to see replies

Terrible
Reply 2
It was awful and probably
i sound it easier compared to all the pat papers i have been doing for the past month
it went so bad tbh, but like when i came out everyone else was saying it was okay, but ahh. like i wasn't really expecting the style of questions that it had and literally nothing i revised came up, even though i felt like i knew a lot. idk it was just weird question styles tbh n i messed up w the maths n weird heart stuff
Reply 5
Definitely easier than the 2015 paper so expecting the grade boundaries to be a bit higher
Reply 6
I felt like most of the questions were graph questions or not TOTALLY related to biology....like don't get me wrong there were like 4/5 questions on things I actually revised for but it was NOT worth having an all nighter for ugh I'm so annoyed
Reply 7
Original post by Rjhepkenhdjd
it went so bad tbh, but like when i came out everyone else was saying it was okay, but ahh. like i wasn't really expecting the style of questions that it had and literally nothing i revised came up, even though i felt like i knew a lot. idk it was just weird question styles tbh n i messed up w the maths n weird heart stuff

That heart question was so confusing
URGHHH IT WAS SOO HARD. HOPE THE OTHERS R GOOD THOUGH.

got a B in my coursework so what grade should i get for both papers to get an overall B or A?
Original post by H4mbo
That heart question was so confusing

OMG YESS i got soo confused about which sides were which.
Original post by Lightning_xo
URGHHH IT WAS SOO HARD. HOPE THE OTHERS R GOOD THOUGH.

got a B in my coursework so what grade should i get for both papers to get an overall B or A?

That was I wondering too i'm in the same position
Original post by Susieball
That was I wondering too i'm in the same position

i think maybe a C and B would give an overalll B grade, IDK i made this up :biggrin:
it went well actually. there were only a couple of questions I was unsure of, one being the situs inversus (which to me still sounds like a Harry Potter spell XD). I didn't actually learn about that in class. we skipped that bit due to our teacher leaving but besides that it was good. hopefully the rest of science are good too. Everyone ready for maths tomorrow? :/
Original post by madriligo
it went well actually. there were only a couple of questions I was unsure of, one being the situs inversus (which to me still sounds like a Harry Potter spell XD). I didn't actually learn about that in class. we skipped that bit due to our teacher leaving but besides that it was good. hopefully the rest of science are good too. Everyone ready for maths tomorrow? :/

What maths board are you doing
for the question about plants, was charlotte 100% correct or partially correct
Original post by Susieball
What maths board are you doing

edexel, yourself?
Reply 16
I did soooo terrible. The worst part was, practically all my friends said they did great -_-

I found the wording of the questions so confusing
what are the grade boundaries usually like, like how much do you reckon you'd need for a c?
Reply 18
Original post by Rjhepkenhdjd
what are the grade boundaries usually like, like how much do you reckon you'd need for a c?

OCR Gateway Biology B1 B2 B3 grade boundaries:
Higher 2015 - a*=50/75 a=42/75 b=34/75 c=27/75 d=20/75
Higher 2014 - a*=52/75 a=43/75 b=34/75 c=26/75 d=18/75
Higher 2013 - a*=45/75 a=36/75 b=27/75 c=19/75 d=11/75

So as you can see by the difference between 2013 and 2014/2015, the grade boundaries can change a lot so its quite hard to predict them. However I found this years paper to be a bit easier then the 2015 paper so I would expect the grade boundaries to be around 3 marks higher than the 2015 ones. As I said this is a very rough guess so you never know. Good luck and I hope you get the grades you want :smile:
I found it so much harder than the 2015 paper! Really hoping for low grade boundaries, I am meant to be taking it for A level!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest