The Student Room Group

A-level for pilots?

Hey, I'm currently doing my AS level and I was wondering whether or not I should go ahead and do sixth form... Advice me please!!!
Pilots in the Air Force require a minimum of two A-levels.

If you're taking the course privately, you don't need A-levels, but Google tells me that A-levels in Maths, English, or Science may help you to secure a training place.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Pilots in the Air Force require a minimum of two A-levels.

If you're taking the course privately, you don't need A-levels, but Google tells me that A-levels in Maths, English, or Science may help you to secure a training place.

Thank you so much for the reply.. I have had no problems in finding a flying school because all they require is at least 5gcse between A* and C.. But many seem to think that it will be impossible to find a job in leading airlines if one does not take A-levels.. is that true?
Reply 3
take physics, maths and a third of your choice which you find fun
Original post by OGGUS
take physics, maths and a third of your choice which you find fun

at the moment im doing geography, physics, maths and chemistry.. next year im dropping chemistry
Reply 5
Original post by Einsteinj.n.r
at the moment im doing geography, physics, maths and chemistry.. next year im dropping chemistry

well then you're doing the right thing and yeah Geography's the one.
Original post by OGGUS
well then you're doing the right thing and yeah Geography's the one.

Appreciate the help, thanks:-)
Reply 7
Original post by Einsteinj.n.r
Hey, I'm currently doing my AS level and I was wondering whether or not I should go ahead and do sixth form... Advice me please!!!

Physics and maths surely.

Quick Reply

Latest