The Student Room Group

OCR BIOLOGY GATEWAY B 25TH MAY 2016 B1 B2 B3 Exam

I finally decided to make a thread about this exam, literally the only exam not covered in this area! I am taking this exam next week! Feeling very worried about what OCR can give us due to what AQA have done this week already with their biology exam!

Talk about predictions here and ask questions if you feel help is needed. Lets help each other and work through to this exam together!

Lets just pray OCR give us a reasonable paper, that is about Biology and not business studies.

Scroll to see replies

I feel like the 6 mark questions at the end of each module B1-B3 will require us to apply knowledge from B4-B6 because most papers this year haven't been that generous. They could easily ask us a question on the heart and link it to B5 :frown:
Reply 2
I'm thinking maybe a six marker on the heart for B3:s-smilie: which won't go well at all.
Original post by NoodleGCSEFOOD
I finally decided to make a thread about this exam, literally the only exam not covered in this area! I am taking this exam next week! Feeling very worried about what OCR can give us due to what AQA have done this week already with their biology exam!

Talk about predictions here and ask questions if you feel help is needed. Lets help each other and work through to this exam together!

Lets just pray OCR give us a reasonable paper, that is about Biology and not business studies.

I noticed on the other thread you said you had the 2015 papers. Would you be able to send them to me please?? It would really help because the older papers aren't the same style lool :tongue: thanks so much:smile:.

I'm in year 10 doing OCR B Triple too. Goodluck in the exam!
Original post by *Alisha*
I'm in year 10 doing OCR B Triple too. Goodluck in the exam!

Thanks, hopefully it all goes well ;D
Thanks, hopefully it all goes well ;D

Just tell me if the questions were hard or easy:smile: I got my mocks on June. So I might be doing the exam you're doing.
Original post by *Alisha*
Just tell me if the questions were hard or easy:smile: I got my mocks on June. So I might be doing the exam you're doing.

Will do :biggrin:
Will do :biggrin:

Reply 9
do you think they'll have anything on mitosis and meiosis???? Like a 6 marker???
Original post by kalixeee
do you think they'll have anything on mitosis and meiosis???? Like a 6 marker???

Always possible, I dont know though...
Good luck everyone :smile: I'm doing the exam too and I'm so worried as everyone is complaining about the exams this year. :frown:
Original post by nikolka035
Good luck everyone :smile: I'm doing the exam too and I'm so worried as everyone is complaining about the exams this year. :frown:

Thanks mate, I hope everyone does well too... Got any predictions in your mind?
Thanks mate, I hope everyone does well too... Got any predictions in your mind?

After doing so many past papers and listening to my teacher I think that questions on the eye and nerve cells (The nervous system), malaria (staying healthy), vasodilation and vasoconstriction ( staying in balance) as well as phototropism/ geotropism (controlling plant growth) are likely to come up on B1.
Things from the topic on adaptations, natural selection and energy flow from B2.
From B3, respiration, mitosis and meiosis, the heart and genetic engineering.
I don't know for but I guess those are the topics that most people find harder from B1- B3 so they are likely to come up.
B1(really strong feeling its on neevous systen more specificalky reflexes). They could ask about:

-saturated fat and cholesterol
-anaerobic respiration
-diabetes(doubt it)
-mosquiti transfer of parasite
-plant growth(also predict this as 6 mark)

B2: i think it wilk be on carbon nitrogen cycle or classification difficulties

-classification/ why sharks dolphins look the sams
-adaptions and stuff bout climate
-inter/tra specific etc
Idk

B3(mutations)
-crick and watson work and discovery of model
-meiosis and mitosis or cystic fibrosis etc
Original post by ellamoon_22
B1(really strong feeling its on neevous systen more specificalky reflexes). They could ask about:

-saturated fat and cholesterol
-anaerobic respiration
-diabetes(doubt it)
-mosquiti transfer of parasite
-plant growth(also predict this as 6 mark)

B2: i think it wilk be on carbon nitrogen cycle or classification difficulties

-classification/ why sharks dolphins look the sams
-adaptions and stuff bout climate
-inter/tra specific etc
Idk

B3(mutations)
-crick and watson work and discovery of model
-meiosis and mitosis or cystic fibrosis etc

Very specific predictions here ;D You got some inside source or something? lmao
Very specific predictions here ;D You got some inside source or something? lmao

Nah i just been doing past papers and see common patterns of topics also these topics have enough detail for it to be a six mark just look at things with an equation, key names of things and enough detail for it to be a six mark:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ellamoon_22
Nah i just been doing past papers and see common patterns of topics also these topics have enough detail for it to be a six mark just look at things with an equation, key names of things and enough detail for it to be a six mark:biggrin:

I made a word document tallying questions/topic that appear since 2012. Pollution seems to be a favorite recently and especially cause it is a highly discussed topic in the world now

The 21st century ocr bio has done their exam already. Apparently stuff about
Neanderthals and salads came up:colonhash:
Don't think ocr's examiners are on a correct mental state tbh. loool.
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
The 21st century ocr bio has done their exam already. Apparently stuff about
Neanderthals and salads came up:colonhash:
Don't think ocr's examiners are on a correct mental state tbh. loool.

Whats the difference between the courses ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending