The Student Room Group

P1 physics edexcel did you guys find it awful?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tinka99
The AQA Physics exam was the easiest exam ever so lucky I am not doing Edexcel.

Yes, I did Aqa too it was really easy. So was the chemistry one. It was just biology that was unbelievably hard
Reply 101
What was the answer to question about the lowest radiation hitting earths surface. It was on the graph.
Was it ultravoilet or infared

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Original post by legend.786

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wrote infrared, but I know a lot of people wrote uv. My logic was that the spectrum went from shortest to longest wavelength so it would have been infrared. What did you right?
what was the answer to the 600nm/598.8nm question?
Original post by Afro Tail
The question on the 1850nm wave difference.

I put its because microwaves are absorbed, was that right?

Ahaha I talked about air pollution and how dust absorbs and reflects the radiation etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by legend.786

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put ultraviolet but I have a feeling it's infrared because the wavelength was increasing so wouldn't it be infrared since it has a bigger wavelength?

Posted from TSR Mobile
what did you write for the first 6 marker
Reply 108
Original post by abdulmalikabdi
what was the last six marker mainly about. i wrote about them reflecting/refracting etc.

I think you has to apply the properties of the wave to what it tells us about inside earth. Eg. S waves cant travel through liquids and we can see areas where p waves are present but s waves cant reach suggesting earth has a liquid outer core. The shadow zone created by the outer core can help us estimate its size. We know the earth has a solud inner core as p waves are reflected off its boundry.
I know I am going to get a fair bit of hate but the paper wasn't as bad as people were saying. If you didn't revise then yes probably you're right that was a difficult paper but if you did revise you should know about transverse and longitudinal waves, seismic waves and their properties, radiation etc.

However, I do believe it was probably the hardest paper out of all the physics papers. I was telling my friends how EdExcel will be doing something to the physics paper haha!

Hopefully we all did better than we think but since it has been done we should just focus on the other subjects!

Btw what did people get for the amplitude, magnitude and distance thing for the Richter scale?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cool_Henry
I converted the Watts into KW and multiplied the numbers. I believe the answer was around 1.07p

I got 1075. I'm not sure if that's right...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TJ2001
I wrote infrared, but I know a lot of people wrote uv. My logic was that the spectrum went from shortest to longest wavelength so it would have been infrared. What did you right?

I put Infrared
Original post by DamnDaniel2
I know I am going to get a fair bit of hate but the paper wasn't as bad as people were saying. If you didn't revise then yes probably you're right that was a difficult paper but if you did revise you should know about transverse and longitudinal waves, seismic waves and their properties, radiation etc.

However, I do believe it was probably the hardest paper out of all the physics papers. I was telling my friends how EdExcel will be doing something to the physics paper haha!

Hopefully we all did better than we think but since it has been done we should just focus on the other subjects!

Btw what did people get for the amplitude, magnitude and distance thing for the Richter scale?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even those who revised found it hard
Reply 113
Original post by Johnsmith12121
Even those who revised found it hard

I agree with you there, I revised a ton and still struggled immensely.
Reply 114
Hey, yes! What did you answer for some of the polar bear questions? Curious because it might be the only part I could get marks on :P
Original post by TJ2001
I agree with you there, I revised a ton and still struggled immensely.

exactly, same here
Has nobody got even a rough idea of the mark scheme??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
Original post by zaggalicious
Oh my gosh, yes!! They asked us to calculate the pressure but they gave us a density and litre...

what did you write for it??? was it the p1 v1 = p2 v2 formula...?? I really had no idea
Original post by Tiger-lily15
That was the worst physics exam I've ever done! How did everyone else find it?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4118187&p=65163325#post65163325

Just if you want to know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending