The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS History Unit 2C Resit 25th May 2016. (Experience of Warfare)

Hey, anyone else re-sitting? If so anyone got any predictions or tips as I managed to screw this one up last year haha

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Me too, I'm so freaking out about this exam ahah
Reply 2
Original post by Elf_zxc
Me too, I'm so freaking out about this exam ahah

Same it's so dull as well haha, I'm the only one in the year resitting so haven't got any advice/predictions from teachers. U been given any predictions?
Reply 3
Only that they are probably going to use 'recycled' questions from previous years and reword them as it's the last year of this exam, I would be going through previous papers but motivation is so low :s-smilie:
hi! im resitting too, had absoloutley no help from teachers so dont worry, ive just been self teaching from the revision guide. found the topic so dull but farely easy to get high scores in. What grades do you all need??
Reply 5
Hey, I'm resitting this unit too! What grade did you guys get in this paper last year? What are your tips for gaining an A grade in this paper??
I'm resitting too, can't believe the exam is in 3 days and I haven't looked at the content since this time last year........
I could really do with an A but I have no clue how to go about it, I'm just hoping the skills we've learnt at A2 will give us some kind of advantage in essay skills :biggrin:
Reply 7
There's always been a question on World War One as a 40 marker. Do you think it will be this case for this exam??
Reply 8
hey guys, I'm resitting too, sucks :/ anyway just thought I'd let you know that my prediction is the home front for the 40 marker as last year it was the tactics and warfare. Also Crimean? Maybe on how the war was reported, that hasn't come up in a while. Boer is unlikely because it came up last year for the 40 marker, so maybe it will be the 20 mark question. Hope this helps, we'll just have to wait and see, it's tomorrow er mer gerd freaking out. Peace out guys xoxo
Reply 9
Original post by Maystroo
hey guys, I'm resitting too, sucks :/ anyway just thought I'd let you know that my prediction is the home front for the 40 marker as last year it was the tactics and warfare. Also Crimean? Maybe on how the war was reported, that hasn't come up in a while. Boer is unlikely because it came up last year for the 40 marker, so maybe it will be the 20 mark question. Hope this helps, we'll just have to wait and see, it's tomorrow er mer gerd freaking out. Peace out guys xoxo

yeah i'm hedging my bets on it being homefront as I haven't had time to revise the Western Front. omg im so fked hahahah. hoping it would be changing position of women as a result of the war, there's loads to talk about.
Reply 10
Original post by nardam
There's always been a question on World War One as a 40 marker. Do you think it will be this case for this exam??

I think there was one year where it came only as a part A. I really hope its a part B on the homefront
Reply 11
Original post by j5994
I think there was one year where it came only as a part A. I really hope its a part B on the homefront

There was also one year where the First World War came up twice for the 40 marker and only once where it didn't come at all!
Reply 12
How did everyone find this paper? I chose the Boer war one and it was so similar to one from a few years ago about public opinion to imperialism
Reply 13
Original post by kctoma
How did everyone find this paper? I chose the Boer war one and it was so similar to one from a few years ago about public opinion to imperialism

i found it goodish, pissed homefront didnt come up but ah well haha. what did u say for the boer question?
Completely ****ed up the second question ... ran out of time. I also evaluated the on the 2nd question and am now thinking I wasn't supposed to can someone please help and tell me if I ****ed up a little or a lot.
Reply 15
20 mark was ok! I'm so angry about the two 40 markers, really wasn't expecting them to come up! I answered the boer war question and I'm don't think I cross referenced the sources properly but own knowledge was ok, there was quite a lot to say!
Hi guys! I answered the one on the Somme did anyone else?
Reply 17
Original post by Maystroo
20 mark was ok! I'm so angry about the two 40 markers, really wasn't expecting them to come up! I answered the boer war question and I'm don't think I cross referenced the sources properly but own knowledge was ok, there was quite a lot to say!

what did you put for the weight of the last source in Part A? It confused me with it being a conservative member, yet also stated he was leader of the opposition
Reply 18
I did, I found it quite good. There was a lot to say and I could evaluate the sources well, bringing in my own knowledge. How did you find it?
Reply 19
Original post by Danho123
what did you put for the weight of the last source in Part A? It confused me with it being a conservative member, yet also stated he was leader of the opposition

The last source was quite confusing I wrote that ultimately it corroborated source 2 which supported the question that they were put through unnecessary hardships, but they provided an explanation for it which supported the view in source 1 which said that it was because of the weather or something.

Quick Reply