The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR (not OCR MEI) Core 2 Answers May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GcseLad-_-
Hi sir, for 3ii, I equted the coeffeicent to k the constant and not the constant term, how many marks would i get if any? My solutions were 0 and 1/9 by the way.
Also for 9ii I got root 3/2 for k which is correct but got a is equal to 10/3?
Finally for 9iii i said that the period of tan was pi/a and also wrote "pi/a -x1=x2" and said xq and xw were the solutions. After that o did tan -1 root3 and got pi/3 and 4pi/3 but did not relate them to ax at all, how many dropped?

3ii) I'm not sure what you mean but it sounds wrong.

9ii) You are likely to get 2 marks.

9iii) You will probably get 2 marks.
Thinking that it might be like 63 for 100UMS?
50 for an A?
Original post by Csd1999
For the original log question i) I got it down to log3(x^2) -log3(x+4) but I stupidly simplified to log3(x/x+4) so obviously I carried that through to part ii which then gave me a wrong answer.. How many marks would likely I get out of 6?

Probably drop 2 marks in total.
Original post by Psraim
For question 7iv, how many marks would I lose for doing (153/5) + (53/5) instead of (153/5) + (53/15) ?
And for question 9iii how many marks would I lose for pia/3 and 4pia/3 instead of pi/3a and 4pi/3a?

7) drop 1

9iii) drop 1 probably
Original post by Mr M
9ii) I made that mistake first time! You might get 1 mark.

7iv) Drop 1 or 2.

I don't guess boundaries.

Thanks for the reply just a few more questions?

Hi 2ii) I got 21. Something I laid it out correctly ie 2r + r3/5 pi then = but then divided by 3/5pi and got wrong answer? ??9iii) I got tan ax then substituted my a value from previous question which i didn't read the question?
Original post by Nikita_2313
Does that mean I will not lose any marks?

I don't think you will lose any marks.
Original post by Mia122333
Thanks for the reply just a few more questions?

Hi 2ii) I got 21. Something I laid it out correctly ie 2r + r3/5 pi then = but then divided by 3/5pi and got wrong answer? ??9iii) I got tan ax then substituted my a value from previous question which i didn't read the question?

I think you mean 10 not 5.

2ii) Just drop 1.

9iii) get 1 mark for the use of tan.
how many marks will you lose for the whole of question 1 if I wrote 20= 0.5 x 8 x Y x sin30 but rearranged it wrongly after that and got 5. Then I used cosine to work out part two but used 5 instead of 10.
Original post by Snicherz
50 for an A?

A bit extremely generous :lol:

100 UMS would never be that low, and the paper definitely wasnt that difficult. That said I'm not sure what the grade boundaries will be, but i don't particularly know how everyone else did, probably not as badly as that though, sorry.
Reply 109
Original post by Snicherz
50 for an A?

I reckon i got 62 so id be very pleased with that but i think its too low especially after looking through the boundaries for the previous years. Itll most likely be 57/58 for an A.
Original post by groceryboi
how many marks will you lose for the whole of question 1 if I wrote 20= 0.5 x 8 x Y x sin30 but rearranged it wrongly after that and got 5. Then I used cosine to work out part two but used 5 instead of 10.

Drop 1 mark in total if you are lucky.
For 3i) I left the expansion as 9(kx)^2 and (kx)^3
and for 9i) I left the factors in the form ax = pi/3 , 4pi/3

How many marks would I lose for this?
Original post by swingrx
For 3i) I left the expansion as 9(kx)^2 and (kx)^3
and for 9i) I left the factors in the form ax = pi/3 , 4pi/3

How many marks would I lose for this?

3i) that's ok

9i) drop 1
What was question 8(v)?

Thanks for the mark scheme
Reply 114
Would I lose all marks in where in the binomial expansion, I accidentally made wrong terms equal to each other, instead of using constant term?
Original post by SGHD26716
Would I lose all marks in where in the binomial expansion, I accidentally made wrong terms equal to each other, instead of using constant term?

I think so.
For 9iii I misread the q and used my value for a from the previous question but got the right solutions just with my a subbed in. How many do you think that would lose?
For last question i got pi/3a and (pi + pi/3a), How many marks will get?
On 4 ii, would I loose a mark for saying x=-3?
What was the equation of x^4 graph on question 7?

Quick Reply

Latest