The Student Room Group

Are you ready for the maths exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Xenon_
Past papers should help you improve massively considering you're using them correctly, identify weak areas > improve > practice.

Follow this strategy.

Exam Paper > Mark Scheme > Learn > Review > Improve
Repeat for as many past papers as possible.

Original post by zayn008
Past papers, past papers and CGP. I did my GCSE maths last year and it was in January, in my December mocks I was getting High C's, realised this wasn't good enough and I could do better I got the CGP workbook and revision guide, finished every page and finished every past paper and got an A (was only a few off A*)

Thanks.
Reply 21
Original post by SamSp123
Does anyone have any tips on getting a solid B?

Watch maths genie videos or hegarty maths.
I like both but i prefer maths genie cause you can do alot more exam questions and they come with solutions + there are also exam question videos when you scroll down on some topics and the videos arent as long as hegartymaths ones

Original post by jhornsey
No, if I don't get an A i don't get into sixth form :frown:

Original post by CyberJake
Nope, I'm not ready like at all.
I need to get an A for Sixth Form.
GRAH

I need a B for sixth form
:s-smilie:
Original post by harrietbh12
Nope not at all. Maths is my worst subject, and to make that even worse I find it so difficult to revise for. I'm aiming for a C so that I dont have to re-take but i'm so scared because I know I'll just go blank

I really dont understand how people get c's and d's a c is like 20 marks so its really not that hard tbh
Original post by PC.police
I really dont understand how people get c's and d's a c is like 20 marks so its really not that hard tbh

....because I'm not good at maths?! My best subject is English and I'm an A in that, I'm just not that good at maths. Not hard to understand.
Reply 24
Any tips for getting an A?
ill proably get an A like ive been getting 65-77 in past papaers

oh i hate that!
i'm doing my 3H edexcel tomorrow, at 11:00am Kenya time
i'm stuck in the A zone, and every now and then, i'll get an A* in a past paper, but mostly solid As. i'm doing mine a year before all my other IGCSEs. so i didnt really revise, and i'm kinda fluking it.

Wish me luck.
Original post by SamSp123
Does anyone have any tips on getting a solid B?

My teacher said about up to question 13-16 if you get full marks on each paper it will straight away secure you a B. So make sure you do lots of past papers and make sure you get those right!!!
Reply 27
I need a B for sixth form aswell, and i'm not even confident about the exam

Good luck tomorrow everyone :wink:
I think I'm prepared, I'm just going to go over graph transformations and sin/cos graphs tonight but I'm prepared otherwise:smile:
Original post by caitlinford3
I think I'm prepared, I'm just going to go over graph transformations and sin/cos graphs tonight but I'm prepared otherwise:smile:

i have no clue about that. i dont think itll appear in the 3H paper prolly 4H
I'm absolutely dreading it! Straight after is leader's assembly and it's all too much.
I've given up hope of an A, praying for a B
Sitting Here watching One Piece, when i should be revising. but i have decided to put faith in my brain, and i think i have revised enough to get an A* tomorrow. so i've decided to relax. i've got it in the bag, i hope.

Everybody has their own strengths and weaknesses so please learn to respect that. Just because you may be getting A/A* does not mean you can insult others.
Original post by Tinka99
Everybody has their own strengths and weaknesses so please learn to respect that. Just because you may be getting A/A* does not mean you can insult others.

i didnt say hes a stupid ass or sumthin i just said a c is like 20 marks, u can get 20 marks with like grade 6 maths skills
Original post by harrietbh12
....because I'm not good at maths?! My best subject is English and I'm an A in that, I'm just not that good at maths. Not hard to understand.

did u do grade 6? ye cus even grade 6 maths will get u 20 marks in the exam m80
Reply 35
Original post by BTAnonymous
Edexcel GCSE?

If so, then I was ready 5 months ago!!

EDIT: I hope I get an A* because it's my strongest subject... and I got an A* in my mock. However, I need a C in English language to get into my college and I got a D in my mock... :s-smilie:

Do you have any main tips I should remember ??? Like circle theorems like any random things?
i didnt say hes a stupid ass or sumthin i just said a c is like 20 marks, u can get 20 marks with like grade 6 maths skills

Nope, a grade C is not like 20 marks last year combining the two papers it was 65 marks. Not everyone has good maths skills including myself who is at a grade C and wants a grade B. You may find Maths easy but not everyone finds your so called "grade 6 maths" easy and for some people gaining those so called "20 marks" is not easy even though it may be the simplest Maths problem in the world.
did u do grade 6? ye cus even grade 6 maths will get u 20 marks in the exam m80

You see that right there? That is insulting.
Original post by Samii123
You see that right there? That is insulting.

stop being so pc
Really nervous for maths tomorrow, not because I'm bad at it but because I'd be really disappointed if I don't get an A*. Don't mean to show off, but I've been getting 100% in the maths mocks recently so I'd just be really annoyed if I mess it up on the real thing.

Good luck by the way everyone! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending