The Student Room Group

Is 2 A levels in a year manageable?

I'm thinking of taking Physics and maths A level next year as an external candidate. Do you think this is too much to learn in a year, or should I do it in the conventional 2? I was thinking I might leave it until later to arrange the written exams so I'd know how fast I am progressing. What are your thoughts TSR?

Thanks.
Reply 1
I'd say it's about the same as doing 4 AS if not less since a lot of A2 can be linked from AS and they're the same subjects, unlike having say Histroy, French, maths and economics so I think you can do it
Reply 2
Original post by zayn008
I'd say it's about the same as doing 4 AS if not less since a lot of A2 can be linked from AS and they're the same subjects, unlike having say Histroy, French, maths and economics so I think you can do it

That's what I wanted to hear :biggrin:, I've been doing a BTEC in engineering this year, you I'll have what allegedly is the equivalent of 1.5 A levels. But I found that I learnt as good as sweet fa, because I haven't been required to remember anything basically. Never thought I'd find myself complaining about that lol, but I don't want to go to university with the false impression that I'm capable of it, as they suggest by equating the two in terms of UCAS points.
Original post by Velocity123
That's what I wanted to hear :biggrin:, I've been doing a BTEC in engineering this year, you I'll have what allegedly is the equivalent of 1.5 A levels. But I found that I learnt as good as sweet fa, because I haven't been required to remember anything basically. Never thought I'd find myself complaining about that lol, but I don't want to go to university with the false impression that I'm capable of it, as they suggest by equating the two in terms of UCAS points.

If you've already looked at some Engineering then I think it would be even more plausible to be honest

Quick Reply

Latest