The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Biology Unit 1 26th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gcsekid
I have a hardcopy of the paper here. Dont know where it is online though.

I don't suppose you could send pictures of the questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
file:///C:/Users/YChow/Downloads/AQA-BIOL1-W-SMS.pdf

only found the mark scheme here.
Original post by Kugelmugel
Does anyone have any predictions for those longer questions at the back?

I didn't do so well at those last year! I still got an A overall because I did well in unit 2, but I got 75 ums in biol1 and os my teacher said it was worth resitting to pull my mark up and also because like someone else said it helps for unit 5 too :smile:

This is exactly the same as my situation, however I got 72 UMS. Since biol2 is a larger % that brought my grade to an A. How are you revising for the resit?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 23
Same . its going to be more applying to the question like last year

Can anyone explain to me the Sodium-potassium pump please ?
Reply 24
I made so many silly mistakes in the paper last time round :/ just been cramming past papers and forcing myself to read between the lines with the more recent questions as they are much more challenging that the slightly older exam series! Good luck..lets smash it and get As
Anbody have any idea what the two 5 markers are going to be on ?
what time is this exam
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
what time is this exam

1:30pm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by BigDaddy97
I don't suppose you could send pictures of the questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I could do but I have answers written on it
If u still want it I can send u it
Reply 29
Original post by gcsekid

Could you send it me too ?
Original post by gcsekid

Yeah that would be great if you don't mind cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know it's been asked loads but does anyone have any predictions for the 5 markers? I'm thinking that as there wasn't much on the heart maybe that will crop up but then again the lungs and immunity didn't either...
Original post by _randomthoughts
I know it's been asked loads but does anyone have any predictions for the 5 markers? I'm thinking that as there wasn't much on the heart maybe that will crop up but then again the lungs and immunity didn't either...

I think cholera is going to come up, emulsion test came up last year, and the Benedicts was in the EMPA re-sit so I dont think that will come up. I think the heart and lungs are going to feature tomorrow. Also maybe lipids, triglycerides and so forth. Just a prediction but who knows? They may call double bluff and put the same topics on, happened to us in music last year -_-
Reply 33
OCR AS BIOLOGY A (2015) - These puns are getting cornea and cornea...
http://link.q.is/Pnwc/QvKOBHPGFt

This is a quiz for Biology and it is getting constantly updated so it's really great for quick fire revision and good for practice of Multiple choice questions. Although its based from the OCR Spec, it's still useful for revision because biology is simply biology... So enjoy revising!

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks for the predictions posted above, anyone have any more so I know what to go over for last minute revision? would be greatly appreciated!

also do you guys reckon there will be much on monoclonal antibodies seeing as it came up last year? (i really hope it doesn't come up)
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone resitting both unit 1 and 2?
Original post by fugeefari
Anyone resitting both unit 1 and 2?

I am!
I'm feeling generally okay about this exam. I got 74 UMS last year but I would love to get a higher mark this year. If anyone has any predictions for the 5 markers please do share! I have a feeling one of them might be starch digestion.
Reply 38
I think the two five markers will be on Lung Disease. First one on TB and second one on Emphysema. Last time it came up as five markers was back in January 2011.
Original post by srkd
I think the two five markers will be on Lung Disease. First one on TB and second one on Emphysema. Last time it came up as five markers was back in January 2011.

Don't think they'd just repeat the same questions might alter it slightly if they are to do with TB and emphysema

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending