The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Physics Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hanahassan
22 was the the temperature change, you subtract it from 100 to get 78 which is the temperature

For a similarity between all liquids and the rate of temperature decreasing, I wrote that all liquids' temperatures decreased at a rate of at least 0.01 C/s over the 200 seconds. (I did the calculation and that was the lowest speed out of all the liquids)And for that second part, I wrote that reducing the liquid didn't evaporate as fast because of it's boiling point. And after that I wrote that if the volume of liquid is less the rate of evaporation would be faste.Are those correct?
Original post by haarithiop
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cela signifie beaucoup pour moi

Leider kann ich keine Französisch sprechen, jedoch war deine Nachricht ganz herzerwärmende. Also vielen dank.
Original post by Chloegriffiths23
For the bat question I didn't put echoes I put sonar/ultrasound.
For the similarities between radio and microwaves I put that they both have low frequency and long wavelengths (I didn't put that they were the same)
For the question about longitudinal sound waves I put that they were mechanical so needed atoms present to travel.
I know for a fact that these are 'correct' but I'm not sure whether they're specific enough to receive marks or are what the question was looking for. Any Ideas?

Anyone have an answer for this
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Redcoats
Leider kann ich keine Französisch sprechen, jedoch war deine Nachricht ganz herzerwärmende. Also vielen dank.

pas de quoi, et moi aussi, je ne comprends pas allemand
Original post by GCSE_account
How many marks do you get for question the wrong answer in the equations but using the right calculation?

2: can you put bends at the edges?

4: can you put amount of energy required doesn't justify spending the money connecting the houses to the national grid?

5: can you say the saucepan might reflect some of the energy?

12: can you put there's always the risk of nuclear disasters e.g. chernobyl

13: can you put volume?

14: can you put room temperature?

15c: can you say energy transfer would increase

2. 1 mark.

4. 0 mark.

5. 0 marks.

12. 1 mark.

13. 0 marks.

14. 1 mark.

15c. 0 marks.
Original post by dhruvap
No, it said that it was testing the DIFFERENT liquids.

Do u think I would get a mark for concentration?<\3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by surina16
I think it's to do with the surface area: volume ratio?
The greater the surface area in comparison to the volume, the greater the rate of energy transfer (ie. evaporation).
The surface area stays the same since they used the same apparatus, but the volume was decreased which had an effect on the ratio above :h:

Spoiler

yeah but picture a cylinder beaker with the same width (radius) the surface area is not increased if it is filled up more?
what is 42/60?
Reply 369
Original post by rihana.c
No, it's definitely if the gap is the same size, then this is when most diffraction will occur. I have read this a million times in revision books and even checked with my teacher. Sorry

I know you have read it during revision but firstly when u think about it, diffraction increases when the wavelength is longer in comparison to the gap. I have checked with numerous people and all the physics teachers at my school agreed with me , trust me I'm 110% sure I'm right !!
Original post by AlexPenney123
Because of the surface area will be less so less particles will evaporate in the same time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

how does changing the volume change the surface area?
Original post by iLukeAi
Can someone explain the specific heat capacity question?
If the temperature change = after - before, then 22 = after - 100,
So before = 22 + 100 =122 degrees?

Yeah so basically it's 78 cause you get 22 as the answer then have to take it away from 100 because it's temperature CHANGE so 100-22=78
For the France advantages of nuclear power stations I put France would already have lots of those power stations set up and for the disadvantages I put a long start up time??
Wasent the answer to the beaker C? Not A?
Original post by Examquestions
Yeah so basically it's 78 cause you get 22 as the answer then have to take it away from 100 because it's temperature CHANGE so 100-22=78

Ah ok thankyou:smile: would I get 2 marks for what i put then?
I'm thinking at least 50/60 for that paper, maybe more depending on how accurate the mark scheme is/how harsh the examiner is/how well I remember my answers (not sure about the calc questions). Still, 50 should be an A* (the grade boundaries have only ever been as high as 47/60 for A*).

Original post by Jackwillepotte
For the France advantages of nuclear power stations I put France would already have lots of those power stations set up and for the disadvantages I put a long start up time??

Yeah, I put start-up time as a disadvantage. Fairly certain that it is correct.

Original post by usernametobe
what is 42/60?
Almost certainly an A, unlikely to be an A* as this certainly wasn't one of the most difficult P1 tests ever (about average?)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by dh12345
yeah but picture a cylinder beaker with the same width (radius) the surface area is not increased if it is filled up more?

lol idk then :redface:
I put for the rural one that the overhead pylons in the countryside would be a danger to homes as that was in my textbook :/
Reply 378
did you get 0.07 degreesC/second
Reply 379
For 5 (b) - [properties of microwaves and infra red]
Would you get a mark for either..
(a) they both pass through the ionosphere
(b) they both heat water molecules?

Quick Reply

Latest