The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics IGCSE 1P Unofficial Mark Scheme 25th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ursulab
I know u have use the equation to find the orbital speed. Did everyone get 179 km per hour for the speed?

That sounds way too slow man also just searched Google and it was 100,000+
Original post by ursulab
I know u have use the equation to find the orbital speed. Did everyone get 179 km per hour for the speed?

That was what I was thinking. I can't tell if it was 179 km/hour because I think that the orbital radius was 250000km, however, another person told me it gave the circumference as 1500000km and so it would be 17000 km/hour which seems more correct. I can't remember which one I wrote down. If you are certain that the orbital radius they gave was 250000km and the time period was 365 days, then yes it was.
Original post by conradliebers
That was what I was thinking. I can't tell if it was 179 km/hour because I think that the orbital radius was 250000km, however, another person told me it gave the circumference as 1500000km and so it would be 17000 km/hour which seems more correct. I can't remember which one I wrote down. If you are certain that the orbital radius they gave was 250000km and the time period was 365 days, then yes it was.

What do u think the g bounds will be around?
Reply 43

The circumference was definitely 1.5 x 10^6 km (1,500,000km)
Reply 44
I reckon the grade boundary will be 143 to 146 for Paper 1 & 2, so that will be around 95 - 97 for just paper 1, but you can still get the A* if you do really well in the paper 2.
Original post by Job738338
What do u think the g bounds will be around?

Same as usual: 75% for an A*.
Reply 46
Saying that it was the snow/sky for 12)a) and c) is incorrect, it was asking for the individual parts of the bear, so the eyes and the nose

but it was km/hr so didnt you have to convert 365 days to hours
Original post by JKram
Saying that it was the snow/sky for 12)a) and c) is incorrect, it was asking for the individual parts of the bear, so the eyes and the nose

No it just asked for the objects. There were 3: the sky, snow and bear. But I also commented about the bear incase.
Original post by cornflakeexpert
but it was km/hr so didnt you have to convert 365 days to hours

Yeah I know but I was just trying to simplify my answer to him.
Yeah I know but I was just trying to simplify my answer to him.

ooh ok
Reply 51
No it just asked for the objects. There were 3: the sky, snow and bear. But I also commented about the bear incase.

Ah sh*t I was on track for 97% if it wasn't for that
Original post by JKram
Ah sh*t I was on track for 97% if it wasn't for that

So it was just you and me who put the poll for 95% up.
Reply 53

Ah no I read the question wrong. So 150000000 was the circumference and not the radius.
Reply 54
what would 98/120 be?
Reply 55
So it was just you and me who put the poll for 95% up.

Nah I put down for 90-94 because I probably lost 2 or 3 in that whole question.
Reply 56
Original post by Hsevras
what would 98/120 be?

81.6%, you might get an A or an A* depending on what the boundary is set at. Over the last few years it's averaged around 82% so you might be lucky!
Reply 57
what was the orbital radius answer. i dont thibk 150,000..... was the cicumference, im quite sure it was the radius
Original post by Hsevras
what was the orbital radius answer. i dont thibk 150,000..... was the cicumference, im quite sure it was the radius

I'm not sure, at it was 1,500,000. One of the questions gave it as 250,000km as the radius.
Reply 59
Original post by niv1234
3- the question matching up the uses of electromagnetic waves in hospitals

x-rays-imaging broken bones
microwaves- heat up patients food
gamma?

Gamma: medical tracers

Quick Reply

Latest