The Student Room Group

What are some subjects you're happy never have to do again?

Scroll to see replies

Um *****y English literature and language. Like that can **** right off, literally no one cares about them. Honestly they should die in a hole.

HISTORY CAN GO TO ****ING HELL. The most pointless and useless ******** lessons. Literally all of it is just idiotic.

French and spanish. Throughout the two year course I achieved NOTHING. WE WENT SO SLOWLY, like at a snail's pace it was AGONIZING. Plus the useless homework which I always did the breaktime before.

I am actually so happy to be doing STEM and music next year :u:

Original post by homeland.lsw
Um shitty English literature and language. Like that can piss right off, literally no one cares about them. Honestly they should die in a hole.

HISTORY CAN GO TO ****ING HELL. The most pointless and useless ******** lessons. Literally all of it is just idiotic.

French and spanish. Throughout the two year course I achieved NOTHING. WE WENT SO SLOWLY, like at a snail's pace it was AGONIZING. Plus the useless homework which I always did the breaktime before.

I am actually so happy to be doing STEM and music next year :u:

wow yes that can go to hell!

nooooo i love history :-)

same!!! i hate learning language in school. i love french but i think its better if u go at your own pace at home with films, music and books and stuff

good balance!! what instrument do u play?
wow colourful :biggrin:

Don't get me wrong, I just detest the fact that good books are spoilt by over analyzing, and what's the use in analyzing articles and such? It is literally POINTLESS.

History may be due to the fact that my teacher didn't teach us anything and then just randomly ****ed off like halfway throught year 11 so we're forced to basically learn everything ourselves from scratch.

Also communism is portrayed in a bad light which I think is unfair :frown:

Languages, it was more a fact that I was bored and the teachers made me sit next to people I didn't like.

Literally my A-Level choices are Maths, Chem, Physics and Bio. With something called an "enrichment course". (It was either that or critical thinking) and I chose music because well, obviously, I'm pretty good at music now.

What did you choose for next year :holmes:
Maths....maths...maths...
wow colourful :biggrin:

Don't get me wrong, I just detest the fact that good books are spoilt by over analyzing, and what's the use in analyzing articles and such? It is literally POINTLESS.

History may be due to the fact that my teacher didn't teach us anything and then just randomly ****ed off like halfway throught year 11 so we're forced to basically learn everything ourselves from scratch.

Also communism is portrayed in a bad light which I think is unfair :frown:

Languages, it was more a fact that I was bored and the teachers made me sit next to people I didn't like.

Literally my A-Level choices are Maths, Chem, Physics and Bio. With something called an "enrichment course". (It was either that or critical thinking) and I chose music because well, obviously, I'm pretty good at music now.

What did you choose for next year :holmes:

i agree! no ones going to sit through a newspaper and analyse what the author meant by red lipstick ffs.
aww i went through a similar situation with history but it was because my teacher was ill for half a year so we had 3 different teachers :s but other than that everything is amazing about history...apart from this girl who keeps getting political and stuff, supporting UKIP and then there's me, a minority, sitting quietly whilst everyone else joins in with politics when we're suppose to be doing history :colonhash:

did you still get good grades for your coursework in languages?
that's 5 ALEVELs omg, 6 if you include the extra subject. i cant imagine how you'll be able to come on tsr next year :/
(btw what instrument do you play)

i'll be choosing history, geography and gov+politics and perhaps french at AS, it depends on what i got for this summer
phsyics and chem... i cant even drop both of them... if only someone would have told me
Your teacher has an excuse. Ours just disappeared :rofl:
Lol, everyone points out that during the Soviet take over of Eastern Europe, BULGARIA HAD RIGGED ELECTIONS. And I'm like :erm: k. I know.

Nah the enrichement course isn't an A-Level it's just an extra curricular we'll do on Wednesday afternoon :yep: We don't get examined on it or anything.
Piano-Doing mah grade 8

Nice options, very humanity based :smile:
English Literature, English Language, soon to be biology and computer science.
Drama, Physics, English Language, and CHEMISTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never have to think about chem ever again lmao.

And I get half of my maths out of the way tomorrow which is gr8 m8
UMM BOTH ENGLISHES because they are just annoying and I hate how everyone cares about them that much when I find it pretty easy.. like I like doing it, ie writing in the exam but all those lessons were so POINTLESS

also geography ( I find it hard to remember case studies and just in general revising for it is pretty tedious)
RE for obvious reasons
Your teacher has an excuse. Ours just disappeared :rofl:
Lol, everyone points out that during the Soviet take over of Eastern Europe, BULGARIA HAD RIGGED ELECTIONS. And I'm like :erm: k. I know.

Nah the enrichement course isn't an A-Level it's just an extra curricular we'll do on Wednesday afternoon :yep: We don't get examined on it or anything.
Piano-Doing mah grade 8

Nice options, very humanity based :smile:

oh i thought it was like an extra a level in england. i have to do welsh bacc, which isnt an a level but can be used as a grade so im actually going to do 4/5 a levels T_T i know its so humanity based im not sure if that will open a lot of doors but cant be asked to do maths, it's as WTF as english lit the higher you go in maths.

im so envious that you play the piano! i wished i played an instrument but they only offered us guitars but my fingers gave up.

what are you planning for uni? meds or something else?
French, R.E and English (Lit + Lang).
I see I see, Wales for ya.

I guess I should be more thankful for knowing the piano.

Yeah I want to do medicine
I see I see, Wales for ya.

I guess I should be more thankful for knowing the piano.

Yeah I want to do medicine

that's a really good ambition :-) good luck with the rest of your exams! i know you still have loads than me :redface:
ambition? NAH REALITY :biggrin:
and yeah you too!
I only have 15 left...:woo:
Original post by milky_discharge
Which Prose did you do? I've got my Verse tomorrow (I'm doing Virgil's Aenead).

You should come join the official thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4095551

[I'm also doing Virgil]
Original post by surina16
If that came up in my GCSE Computing exam I'd cry with happiness :redface: :lol:

I wish I could've done Computer Science instead :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Textiles and english
Music Technology- Got really, really bored after a while.

Sociology- Got really, really bored after a while.

English Literature- Got really, really bored after a while.

Geography- I don't know, it just feels too repetitive and the mark schemes are weird.

Maths- I'm going to miss Maths, but I'm still going to keep it up, just without a qualification in it. Whether I'm happy to never do it again...I'm just not willing to put myself through this potential A grade again instead of an A* in such a simple exam.

Physics- God knows why I considered taking it for A Level.

Biology- Got really, really bored after a while.

Chemistry- Nope.

History- Didn't do it for GCSE, which was quite frankly the best choice I have ever made.

For the record, I'm taking English Language, French, Drama and Theatre Studies, and Classics for A Level.

Quick Reply

Latest