The Student Room Group

Are you ready for the maths exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SamSp123
Does anyone have any tips on getting a solid B?

I am aiming for a B and honestly, I just watch maths clips on platforms such as Youtube and try and focus on my strong points and when I get time directly focus on what I struggle on. In other words, just revise as best as you can and keep an optimistic attitude in the exam. :smile:
Original post by MaskedSalamander
I am aiming for a B and honestly, I just watch maths clips on platforms such as Youtube and try and focus on my strong points and when I get time directly focus on what I struggle on. In other words, just revise as best as you can and keep an optimistic attitude in the exam. :smile:

thanks dude
No problem, and good luck in your exam :smile:
Original post by Eldronyx
Really nervous for maths tomorrow, not because I'm bad at it but because I'd be really disappointed if I don't get an A*. Don't mean to show off, but I've been getting 100% in the maths mocks recently so I'd just be really annoyed if I mess it up on the real thing.

Good luck by the way everyone! :smile:

Don't worry, you'll ace it! I've been getting near 100% in recent mocks. Out of everything, I am worrying least for this exam and I am feeling very confident. As long as you understand the maths topics you will always be able to apply your knowledge because there are only so many questions they can ask you at GCSE.
I was ready ages ago, I juist adore maths- I've always been gifted at it
Reply 45
I really need an A as I'm doing it next year :redface: I scraped an A by 1% in the mock... :clap2::eek:
Original post by SamSp123
Does anyone have any tips on getting a solid B?

I went from a grade d/c in maths in september to a solid B and an A now. I'd recommend doing lot's of exam papers. Like even now, the night before, do at least 2 papers and that will help you get a proper feel of the paper which should make you feel more confident.

To get a B just make sure you proof check your answers and haven't missed any working out. Also, ALWAYS INCLUDE WORKING!!!! Even if you're not sure of the answer because its highly likely that you're right and get marks for the marking

:biggrin:

Good luck
Original post by PC.police
i have no clue about that. i dont think itll appear in the 3H paper prolly 4H

I do linear:smile:
Original post by caitlinford3
I do linear:smile:

Same. 4MA0 right? You don't need to learn Sin and Cos graphs for the upcoming exam, 3H. I think if it will appear, it'll appear on the 4H paper, which is much harder. Its in 2 weeks. Anyways, good luck :smile:
Done sh*t all and the exam is tomorrow...better get started learning these damned circle theorems :-)))))
I am definitely not ready! I am good at maths and get A*s in class but when I get into the exam, I panic and my mind goes blank... I ended up getting a B in my mock which I was really disappointed with. I have done so much work since but I am still afraid I will blank in the exam.... :frown::s-smilie:
Original post by PC.police
Same. 4MA0 right? You don't need to learn Sin and Cos graphs for the upcoming exam, 3H. I think if it will appear, it'll appear on the 4H paper, which is much harder. Its in 2 weeks. Anyways, good luck :smile:

I do 1MA0, which is paper 1H and 2H and sin/cos graphs come up in the non-calculator paper with that spec! good luck to you too :smile:
does anyone know the surface area for a spherE? hemisohere? cone? cyclinder? plss
Reply 53
I'm doing Foundation Edexcel so i'm kinda f****** today! And non calc is my worse… wish me luck I'm so scared about what may come up… :frown:
I'm ready I've been getting 95+ in all my mocks therefore I'll probably get an A*, remember try to pace yourself at approximately 1 minute per mark as the are 100 marks to gain 105 minutes. Good luck tho
na
Reply 56
Another few hours left so scary
Yep kinda
Original post by BTAnonymous
Edexcel GCSE?

If so, then I was ready 5 months ago!!

EDIT: I hope I get an A* because it's my strongest subject... and I got an A* in my mock. However, I need a C in English language to get into my college and I got a D in my mock... :s-smilie:

mate i need to get an A at least in english :/
I am hopeless at Maths and I NEED a C (I've got a C in every mock, but thing'd can change - it all depends on the paper...) because there's no way in hell I'm doing it again in college. Plus, my teacher is really sweet, we're his only Year 11 class, he bought us loads of good luck charms and he's really rooting for us to get a C and I can't disappoint him :-( He took me from getting a Es to Cs (even a B or two!) in one year so... I'll do my best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending