The Student Room Group

PHYSICS 9702 16 MAY 2016. Paper 4

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A.S.J
I would slightly disagree. I found the October November physics paper 22 harder. slightly harder.
Oh yes! the first question!!
Oh and remember the op-amp question? did you use inverting formula or non-inverting? becaue question saidnon-inverting so I used that. but my friends said the diagram had inverting so they used the inverting formula.
well o/n 22 is easier than the usual paper 2 in my opinion. grade boundaries is 33/60 for variant 2 as well, but 30/60 for variant 1&3, the paper is doable. This paper m/j 16 is v weird, the induced emf one, xray one, positive holes thingy, 3 questions worth 24 marks😂 questions like decay constant, binding energy, internal enerdy dont even come out. And ofc its a non inverting, the diagram also shows non inverting. input voltage is connected to the + hahaha i really hope the grade boundaries will be about 50/100-_-
Guys can we try to list all the questions on the paper?? I want to remember what I wrote so I can see if I can get a B, its extremely important.

I'll start, 1: Gravity, Find distance, Find mass
Reply 22
Original post by keziaalee
well o/n 22 is easier than the usual paper 2 in my opinion. grade boundaries is 33/60 for variant 2 as well, but 30/60 for variant 1&3, the paper is doable. This paper m/j 16 is v weird, the induced emf one, xray one, positive holes thingy, 3 questions worth 24 marks😂 questions like decay constant, binding energy, internal enerdy dont even come out. And ofc its a non inverting, the diagram also shows non inverting. input voltage is connected to the + hahaha i really hope the grade boundaries will be about 50/100-_-

No man! I did that exam and so many girls ledt half of the paper empty. Even i did. So that was hars.
Well cant ignore what you said as its true.
50? Isnt it too high? 😂
Reply 23
Original post by PC.police
Guys can we try to list all the questions on the paper?? I want to remember what I wrote so I can see if I can get a B, its extremely important.

I'll start, 1: Gravity, Find distance, Find mass

I can say we are both sailing in the same boat.
I so badly want an A
Okay is order important?
Original post by A.S.J
I can say we are both sailing in the same boat.
I so badly want an A
Okay is order important?

nah, dont need order, just All the questions.
Reply 25
nah, dont need order, just All the questions.

I can try my best from my memory
We had the circukar motion mass one
Then we had the spring one where we had to calculate time also sort of particle theory
We had hall voltage
Induced emf the coil P and Q. The question about the voltage i Q wheb rod is moved in O we had to make a graph also
Then we had capacitance
Op-amp the graph for op-amp
The gamma radiation question

I think thats it.
Original post by A.S.J
I can try my best from my memory
We had the circukar motion mass one
Then we had the spring one where we had to calculate time also sort of particle theory
We had hall voltage
Induced emf the coil P and Q. The question about the voltage i Q wheb rod is moved in O we had to make a graph also
Then we had capacitance
Op-amp the graph for op-amp
The gamma radiation question

I think thats it.

for the SHM we had to make 2 graphs on the same grid, one with the feathers resistance. Do you know what the graph was supposed to look like?
Reply 27
for the SHM we had to make 2 graphs on the same grid, one with the feathers resistance. Do you know what the graph was supposed to look like?

i cant remember the values so lets take f and 5 f yes. the first one was starting f then between f and 5f ending at 5f.
so like an enzyme active site graph?
the second one with resistance was also starting and ending same but peak was lower and towards the left.
Original post by A.S.J
i cant remember the values so lets take f and 5 f yes. the first one was starting f then between f and 5f ending at 5f.
so like an enzyme active site graph?
the second one with resistance was also starting and ending same but peak was lower and towards the left.

i made an exponential curve :frown: would that be wrong?? And does anyone remember any other questions???????
i made an exponential curve :frown: would that be wrong?? And does anyone remember any other questions???????

erm the db=10log(input/output) thingy, also graph for smoothing, electric field thingy thats all i think
Reply 30

I thinkso :/ because it was a damping graph.

erm the db=10log(input/output) thingy, also graph for smoothing, electric field thingy thats all i think

Guys what do you think the grade threshold will be?
even for Chemistry and Bio:/ Any idea?

Do we also have an unofficial ms? because Edexcel does.
Original post by A.S.J

yea we need to find the unofficial marking scheme
Original post by A.S.J

who makes the unofficial mark scheme? im going 60 for chem, 70 for biology, hoping for 50 in physics, 55/75 for maths. 4 of them for A. what do u guys think?
Reply 33
yea we need to find the unofficial marking scheme

who makes the unofficial mark scheme? im going 60 for chem, 70 for biology, hoping for 50 in physics, 55/75 for maths. 4 of them for A. what do u guys think?

Idk who makes them. I think its some teacher or someone.
Wow wait....60 for Chemistry??? Dont you think thats too much?! The paper was very hard and here all centres did bad. Idk about where you are. So I guess lower for Chem.
Yea bio seems that 70 would do. Altough its never above 62.
True. Physics 50 would be good.

SO I hope overall for A and A*it is lower. Because usually it is around 197 or somewhere around. Never below.

But seriously hoping Chem is lower than 60..

And did you see the March papers?? So easy! Chem was so easy!! Physics was literally all repeat queationss!!!
Original post by A.S.J
Wow wait....60 for Chemistry??? Dont you think thats too much?! The paper was very hard and here all centres did bad. Idk about where you are. So I guess lower for Chem.

SO I hope overall for A and A*it is lower. Because usually it is around 197 or somewhere around. Never below.

And did you see the March papers?? So easy! Chem was so easy!! Physics was literally all repeat queationss!!!

Was chem harder than physics? many people are saying so but I found chem MUCH easier than this year physics
Original post by A.S.J

think the march is one is only available for india?? idk but i think i smashed chem, but physics was absolutely tragic for me.

Was chem harder than physics? many people are saying so but I found chem MUCH easier than this year physics

agreed tbh it was SO MUCH EASIER.
Reply 36

think the march is one is only available for india?? idk but i think i smashed chem, but physics was absolutely tragic for me.

agreed tbh it was SO MUCH EASIER.

Yea March ones available in India only.

Wow seriously guys? Looks like we have future chemists here!!!
No everyone i know found chem harder than phy. Physics was easier than chem.
The organic in chem was disaster! I mean i worked so hard for chem and.... i was and stilk am very upset.
Original post by A.S.J
Yea March ones available in India only.

Wow seriously guys? Looks like we have future chemists here!!!
No everyone i know found chem harder than phy. Physics was easier than chem.
The organic in chem was disaster! I mean i worked so hard for chem and.... i was and stilk am very upset.

everyone in my centre said physics>chem tbh hahahaha where can we find our unofficial mark scheme???
Reply 38
everyone in my centre said physics>chem tbh hahahaha where can we find our unofficial mark scheme???

Wow really? Where do you live?
Idk.... I dont even know if someone makes it or no.

Seriously,didnt you feel chem was hard?
But for sure edexcel has one.
Original post by A.S.J
Wow really? Where do you live?
Idk.... I dont even know if someone makes it or no.

Seriously,didnt you feel chem was hard?
But for sure edexcel has one.

jakarta, it was tough, but was easier than past year papers and was so much easier than physics. but dont want to jinx it tho ahahahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending