2bi) New pressure was 314K Pa
ii) 7.45% increase or so but I forgot to square root it
3) (Can't remember the question)
4) (Can't remember the question)
5) (Can't remember the question)
6) (Can't remember the question)
7) (Can't remember the question)
8) (Can't remember the question)

Data analyse: Thought it was pretty easy, made my graph go through the origin, my gradient worked out to be 2.4 (but I think this is 10 times too big for some reason but everything else worked out ok) and then my percentage uncertainty in C was about 9% so then my percentage uncertainty in A was half that so about 4.45%
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Sunflower654321
And what was the minimum ke?

it was just 0
Reply 22
What did everyone put for the Gymnast circular motion question, i said that the max force on bar was at the bottom due to the the weight acting in the opposite direction and then at the top of the circle it was no force due to the accelaration being equal to g and hence it is weightless
Evidence for the graph not being proportional?
Original post by dannywelbeck123

best fit line would not pass through origin
Reply 25
Original post by dannywelbeck123

think its that wouldn't pass through origin but i put down that it was a curve
Original post by doudsy
What did everyone put for the Gymnast circular motion question, i said that the max force on bar was at the bottom due to the the weight acting in the opposite direction and then at the top of the circle it was no force due to the accelaration being equal to g and hence it is weightless

Almost certain that is right, I however got it wrong :frown:
Reply 27
Original post by doudsy
think its that wouldn't pass through origin but i put down that it was a curve

No that should be right as well. Doesn't pass through the origin doesn't hold up on its own anyway as a straight line graph with a y intercept (that isn't zero) still displays linear proportionality.
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 29
That question kinda threw me, but I said zero
Reply 30
Original post by doudsy

I said Max force on the bar was when the gymnast was at top as mg and mrw2 both acted downward on the bar😁 But I've no clue if I'm right
Original post by MaryT97
I said Max force on the bar was when the gymnast was at top as mg and mrw2 both acted downward on the bar😁 But I've no clue if I'm right

I said that too but apparently it's when the gymnast was at the bottom.
Does anyone do biology and have an essay prediction?
Reply 33
For the final part of the momentum question, about the change to part (ii) when there are two rugby players tackling rather than one does anyone know the right answer?
Reply 34
Did anyone else get 4.04% for the percentage increase question? I just used ratios
Reply 35
Also did people say true of false about the statment on energy of the pendulum. The question threw me a bit beacuse i wasnt sure if they meant the energy within the system being conserved or the energy dissipated fromdamping being conserved
Reply 36
[QUOTE=CalebSR;65175049]For the final part of the momentum question, about the change to part (ii) when there are two rugby players tackling rather than one does anyone know the right answer?
The momentum was still in the same direction but he was travelling at a smaller velocity just
Reply 37
[QUOTE=Mr.bob;65176331]Also did people say true of false about the statment on energy of the pendulum. The question threw me a bit beacuse i wasnt sure if they meant the energy within the system being conserved or the energy dissipated fromdamping being conserved

I said it wasn't conserved because the amplitude decreases and hence losses speed and hence less kinetic energy
Original post by doudsy
The momentum was still in the same direction but he was travelling at a smaller velocity just

If his velocity dropped my more than half when one player was tackling him would a second player with the same speed and velocity not cause him to go backwards?
Reply 39
Original post by CMcKeever
If his velocity dropped my more than half when one player was tackling him would a second player with the same speed and velocity not cause him to go backwards?

Even doing a quick conservation of momentum calculation showed that it didnt result in a direction change (only a decreased velocity)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending