The Student Room Group

AQA Physics AS exam 24th MAY and 9th JUNE 2016 (Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WhyAlwaysMe?!
Momentum - it's new to the AS spec, so I think it's likely to feature in the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

fam why u gonna reply after the exam dumb yute
Original post by Chickenslayer69
But it asked for deceleration, not acceleration.

They might give you it. They do in M1, and M2 for maths. Its only 1 mark, they said deceleration. But the negative could imply negative acceleration.
Does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme or the actual paper for this exam?
Original post by ApplesTrees
Does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme or the actual paper for this exam?

Find someone that teaches physics at your school and find it.
has anyone got a link to the specimen paper set 2 mark scheme?
Can anyone help with this diffraction grating question?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4130615&p=65311717#post65311717
Is there an unofficial mark scheme?
such a **** test, didn't finish, waffled on most questions got all the calculations right though but i think i flopped. around 30, can i still get an A if i get 70 in paper 2 or are they independent tests?
Reply 208
Based on the topics in the first test where do you think the bulk of the marks will be in tomorrow's test?
Topics that weren't covered on paper 1 and could be on paper 2...
Quarks & leptons, particle zoo, mesons, Feynman diagrams, Strangeness
Charge, voltage, component characteristics
Moments, stability, free fall, motion graphs, SUVAT, vehicle safety, work, energy, power, efffciency
All of optics

Particle stuff bound to come up as there was usually another question for particles in the previous papers (before new spec)
Does anyone have model answers for the specimen papers? Preferably could someone tell me how to work out question 1.1 on specimen paper 2 :smile:
Reply 211
Okay cheers
Reply 212
Original post by BainesyA
Does anyone have model answers for the specimen papers? Preferably could someone tell me how to work out question 1.1 on specimen paper 2 :smile:

You are given that it is 3.5*10^3 lines per meter but for ease consider it 3.5 you know the lowest decimal place value you can measure to is 0.1 therefore the uncertainty if it were a reading would be 0.05 but considering that it is a measurement there is 0.5 at either side therefore the uncertainty is +/-0.1

To calculate as a percentage divide 0.1/3.5 (or (0.1*10^3)/(3.5*10^3)) and multiply be 100 to get 2.9%
Original post by flobble
You are given that it is 3.5*10^3 lines per meter but for ease consider it 3.5 you know the lowest decimal place value you can measure to is 0.1 therefore the uncertainty if it were a reading would be 0.05 but considering that it is a measurement there is 0.5 at either side therefore the uncertainty is +/-0.1

To calculate as a percentage divide 0.1/3.5 (or (0.1*10^3)/(3.5*10^3)) and multiply be 100 to get 2.9%

For 1 mark, that is stupid. But thank you I understand now :tongue:
--
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BainesyA
For 1 mark, that is stupid. But thank you I understand now :tongue:

This is wrong, aqa have specifically said, the uncertainty is always +-1 of the lowest signifamt figure. Why because we don't no anything about experimental method, therefore taking it as 1 is to be certain. Always take +-1 of lowest sf if not specified method. Example 5.64 mm will be 0.01 mm or 5.3 will be 0.1mm
Welp, failed that paper
did anyone else guess the last few mcq's cause they ran out of time??
Original post by medicapplicant
did anyone else guess the last few mcq's cause they ran out of time??

I had to guess a couple earlier on but overall was pretty rushed throughout
Original post by Jakewww
I had to guess a couple earlier on but overall was pretty rushed throughout

IKR!! hopefully grade boundaries would be low

Quick Reply

Latest