Difficult to self teach Alevel Spanish?

Could I do it alone?
I've already done the AS
Reply 1
No. Spanish is extremely hard at a level. Trust me lol
Reply 2
Original post by mariaa17
No. Spanish is extremely hard at a level. Trust me lol

Haha ohh man. I really want to do it though!!
Reply 3
What did u get for gcse spanish?
Reply 4
And are u going to be taking a gap year or retaking away from school or how exactly are u going to be doing it??
Reply 5
What did u get for gcse spanish?

I got an A at GCSE
Reply 6
Original post by stripedbox
I got an A at GCSE

If you really wanna do it, do it i guess but languages are a bit tricky to self teach. For example I'm french but i still find french hard
Reply 7
And are u going to be taking a gap year or retaking away from school or how exactly are u going to be doing it??

I'm planning on asking my current school to just fit me in. I'm not able to take 4 subjects at A2. My school doesn't allow it, so I'm prepared to self teach it
Reply 8
If you really wanna do it, do it i guess but languages are a bit tricky to self teach. For example I'm french but i still find french hard

Haha ok. I just love it so much I don't want to not do it! 😀
Reply 9
Ohhh yeah but how will u get ur draft for ur oral marked? Are they willing to mark that for u ?
Reply 10
Ohhh yeah but how will u get ur draft for ur oral marked? Are they willing to mark that for u ?

I don't know. What do you mean? Do you write out what your doing to say in the exam?
I don't know. What do you mean? Do you write out what your doing to say in the exam?

What exam board is it? With wjec i think 40% of ur grade is ur oral, and u need to write the answers to the questions.. Im asking if ur teachers will help u by marking ur answers so that when u go into the oral exam ur answers are right??
Reply 12
Could I do it alone?
I've already done the AS

You can do it alone (I did both AS & A2 at the same time by myself), but if you think you will be struggling with it then it would be best to get a tutor (or a teacher that could help you, that is if you're still at sixth form).
Reply 13
What exam board is it? With wjec i think 40% of ur grade is ur oral, and u need to write the answers to the questions.. Im asking if ur teachers will help u by marking ur answers so that when u go into the oral exam ur answers are right??

I'm doing the AQA. Oh right ok, I'm not really sure then. I should ask my school soon then if I'm really going to do this
Reply 14
Original post by kkboyk
You can do it alone (I did both AS & A2 at the same time by myself), but if you think you will be struggling with it then it would be best to get a tutor (or a teacher that could help you, that is if you're still at sixth form).

Wow you did both! Was that with AQA, and did you take the exam at your 6th form?
If you think you can then go for it, but I would strongly suggest being able to find a teacher or at the very least a student who has knowledge of the Spanish A Level [specification] and ask them for tips.
Reply 16
Wow you did both! Was that with AQA, and did you take the exam at your 6th form?

No I think it was on OCR (I wasn't really told or given any materials whatsoever). I took my exam at my sixth form. If it's AQA there are many onlines resources available for you (such as GetRevising and loads of YouTube tutorial).
Reply 17
Related question: I have never done spanish before (except in yr7 but that doesnt really count). I am going to learn spanish in my gap year. is it worth trying to get a GCSE or AS out of it too or is that too much even for a gap year?

Quick Reply

Latest