The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge Hill University Residential 2016

I was just wondering if anyone else had been accepted for the residential in August and what course had everyone applied for? I've applied for the psychology course and just wondered if anyone has?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've been accepted onto the English Language and my girlfriend has been accepted onto Performing Arts - apparently we're staying in Chancellors Court which is the fancy one. Ironically Chancellors Court is a place where I spend most of my time in college due to me being taught AS Maths there
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Aw that sounds ace what week do you start? I start 8th August! I take it youre from around there aha im travelling 5 hours to get there😂 Where have you heard thats where the accommodation is gonna be there cause ive been looking for ages to see where we are staying😂
Reply 3
Original post by Bailey280899
Hi. I've got a place on the secondary teaching and education one. How do you know which accommodation you'll be in? The confirmation email just said I'd get an email 1-2 weeks before it starts.

Hi, that sounds really good are you from Lancashire?? Which week are you? I havent a clue either, i just got told to wait aswell, although if the other guy is right, chancellor court is swish
Hi. Yes I'm in Lancashire, how about you? And I'm week 2.
Reply 5
Hi. Yes I'm in Lancashire, how about you? And I'm week 2.

I'm in Lincolnshire aha, about 5 hours away😂 Oo so am i!
Original post by Plum1998
I'm in Lincolnshire aha, about 5 hours away😂 Oo so am i!

Might see you then!
Hey!
So I'm going to be working the residentials as Day staff so you'll probably see me around. If you have any questions feel free to ask =D

Also for accommodation nothing is confirmed but it's very likely to be chancellors. It was last year anyway.
Chancellors is the only one that's actually big enough for everyone =P
Original post by Jackieox
Hey!
So I'm going to be working the residentials as Day staff so you'll probably see me around. If you have any questions feel free to ask =D

Also for accommodation nothing is confirmed but it's very likely to be chancellors. It was last year anyway.
Chancellors is the only one that's actually big enough for everyone =P

Hi :smile: Do you know how many people have got places on this year's residential/how many people there are for each subject?
Reply 9
Hi, my thing i was wondering, i'm 18, so would i be able to go out if i have other 18 year olds with me? If not thata cool just curious about a night out😂 is there smoking areas around campus aswell? also what is the food going to be like?

Oo that sounds cool, thanks aha, also i second the question below, how many people will there be?
Hi :smile: Do you know how many people have got places on this year's residential/how many people there are for each subject?

I'm not really meant to give figures as they're still sorting out applications and stuff but they will be around 200-250ish in total (It depends cause way more people apply then loads don't turn up) For each subject there's places for 25-30 students but some courses have much less apply (For example for Drama last year there was 8 people). i know theres been a couple of courses no longer accepting applications because they've reached capacity =)

Hi, my thing i was wondering, i'm 18, so would i be able to go out if i have other 18 year olds with me? If not thata cool just curious about a night out😂 is there smoking areas around campus aswell? also what is the food going to be like?Oo that sounds cool, thanks aha, also i second the question below, how many people will there be?

You're not usually allowed to leave campus during the residentials, only staff are allowed to leave when we're not on shift. For example if I wanted to go home during my lunch hour I wouldn't be allowed to, I could only leave at the end of my shift. It's just because there's some people who are 16/17 and it's not fair that some people can leave and others can't. Everything that you need is on campus though =)

As for nights out I'm not really too sure. The bar probably won't be open but they do put stuff on every evening so it's not like you finish your "class" at four then you have to sit in your room, theres a full schedule until 11pm so there's always something on, then theres a party on the last night as well (Which you'll probably see me for the last hour off =L)

With smoking you can smoke wherever you like within reason, so you can't smoke in your room (But I guess you already knew that =L) and you can't smoke indoors but once you're outside the Edge Hill rule is you have to be 1m away from doorways when smoking but other than that you can smoke whereever =)
Reply 11
I'm not really meant to give figures as they're still sorting out applications and stuff but they will be around 200-250ish in total (It depends cause way more people apply then loads don't turn up) For each subject there's places for 25-30 students but some courses have much less apply (For example for Drama last year there was 8 people). i know theres been a couple of courses no longer accepting applications because they've reached capacity =)

You're not usually allowed to leave campus during the residentials, only staff are allowed to leave when we're not on shift. For example if I wanted to go home during my lunch hour I wouldn't be allowed to, I could only leave at the end of my shift. It's just because there's some people who are 16/17 and it's not fair that some people can leave and others can't. Everything that you need is on campus though =)

As for nights out I'm not really too sure. The bar probably won't be open but they do put stuff on every evening so it's not like you finish your "class" at four then you have to sit in your room, theres a full schedule until 11pm so there's always something on, then theres a party on the last night as well (Which you'll probably see me for the last hour off =L)

With smoking you can smoke wherever you like within reason, so you can't smoke in your room (But I guess you already knew that =L) and you can't smoke indoors but once you're outside the Edge Hill rule is you have to be 1m away from doorways when smoking but other than that you can smoke whereever =)

Okay cool, thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Okay that sounds good, do you know if we will get like timetables etc before we go, or is that something we get on the day?

Thank yiu for helping!!
Okay cool, thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Okay that sounds good, do you know if we will get like timetables etc before we go, or is that something we get on the day?

Thank yiu for helping!!

I can give you an example of what the day would be like now if you want? But you get your official timetable on the day you arrive, the one I have is just a master copy. Each one is personalised but they all follow the same structure
I can give you an example of what the day would be like now if you want? But you get your official timetable on the day you arrive, the one I have is just a master copy. Each one is personalised but they all follow the same structure

That would be good! :smile:
That would be good! :smile:

As I said the programmes are still being finalised and sorted but it'll be along the lines of:

Breakfast 8-9
Academic workshops with 1 hour lunch break (thats up to the tutors to decide though) 9-4
Downtime 4-5
Dinner 5-6
Independent study (You get set a small project)- 6-7
Free time/Evening activity- 7-10

As I said it is subject to change but that's the structure the day will hopefully follow =) The Monday and Thursday will be a bit different =)
Reply 15
[QUOTE=Jackieox;65236359]As I said the programmes are still being finalised and sorted but it'll be along the lines of:

Breakfast 8-9
Academic workshops with 1 hour lunch break (thats up to the tutors to decide though) 9-4
Downtime 4-5
Dinner 5-6
Independent study (You get set a small project)- 6-7
Free time/Evening activity- 7-10

As I said it is subject to change but that's the structure the day will hopefully follow =) The Monday and Thursday will be a bit different =)

Awesome, sounds great thank you!
Hi I'm going to edge hill uni and still undecided on where to go to live really... I'm studying social work are anyone else? If so reply to this because I'll be just as nervous as you and anyone else starting haha
Reply 17
Original post by Lewismorris95
Hi I'm going to edge hill uni and still undecided on where to go to live really... I'm studying social work are anyone else? If so reply to this because I'll be just as nervous as you and anyone else starting haha

Is this for the residential in the summer or for going to uni in September haha
Hi you going to edge hill to? What course will you be doing?
Is this for the residential in the summer or for going to uni in September haha

I'm so sorry I misread the title haha I'll be going to uni in September

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending