The Student Room Group

AQA AS Sociology Unit 1 & 2 OLD SPECIFICATION [RESITS]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxvine
I think I did worse than last year lol
Don't think I write enough and my answers were not great
Your answers seem good

I'm sure your overthinking, I'm crap at sociology, an A will probably be 60/90 or a B like 55/90, which methods in context did u pick?
Original post by JoelAndarakis
I'm sure your overthinking, I'm crap at sociology, an A will probably be 60/90 or a B like 55/90, which methods in context did u pick?

Unstructured
Answer wasn't great lol
aha thats lucky! & yeah i found the exam soo much easier than last year and i mean i was ill through last years exam but still the questions were so much easier and straight forward.

i think i worded sampling frame differently to you. for sampling frame i put; a framework in which a researcher chooses their sample from the research population. for advantages of longitudinal studies i said that it gives the researcher vast quantities of qualitative data so that the researcher can fully understand the changes and meanings that individuals attach to situations and the effect it has on them. for disadvantages i said that as longitudinal studies take place over a long period of time, participants may drop out i.e die or may change their mind about being studied, leaving the researcher with incomplete data or something along those lines!

Oh sweet as! i thought the test was relatively straight forward, an hour before the exam i went through gender and ethnic differences with my friend we were both stoked after.

Did you put the same thing as me for the sampling frame & longitude studies? Those were confusing
Original post by xxvine
Unstructured
Answer wasn't great lol

im sure u did fine, what did u get last year?
Original post by icanseethemoon
aha thats lucky! & yeah i found the exam soo much easier than last year and i mean i was ill through last years exam but still the questions were so much easier and straight forward.

i think i worded sampling frame differently to you. for sampling frame i put; a framework in which a researcher chooses their sample from the research population. for advantages of longitudinal studies i said that it gives the researcher vast quantities of qualitative data so that the researcher can fully understand the changes and meanings that individuals attach to situations and the effect it has on them. for disadvantages i said that as longitudinal studies take place over a long period of time, participants may drop out i.e die or may change their mind about being studied, leaving the researcher with incomplete data or something along those lines!

wow thats a pro answer, 6/6 :wink:
lmao i went so extra this year with the answers cos i got an e last year and i wanted to make sure i made it clear. the 2 and 4 markers don't tend to need that kinda detail :rolleyes:

wow thats a pro answer, 6/6 :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
lmao i went so extra this year with the answers cos i got an e last year and i wanted to make sure i made it clear :':wink: 2 and 4 markers don't tend to need that kinda detail :rolleyes:

haha same i got an E too, im terrible at sociology so im hoping i get at least a B/C overall..
I dont feel like i did enough for those ones but i did write like 4 pages for the methods in context and 2 pages for the methods 20 marker so hopefully i got like 15+12 or something
im sure u did fine, what did u get last year?

a low B
86 UMS
haha same i got an E too, im terrible at sociology so im hoping i get at least a B/C overall..
I dont feel like i did enough for those ones but i did write like 4 pages for the methods in context and 2 pages for the methods 20 marker so hopefully i got like 15+12 or something

i'm sure you will! are you taking sociology at a2? and omg 4 pages on methods in context omg wow i only wrote one and a half! i hate methods in context though so thank god for the other two essays. the methods essay i did around 2 and a half pages for as well.
i'm sure you will! are you taking sociology at a2? and omg 4 pages on methods in context omg wow i only wrote one and a half! i hate methods in context though so thank god for the other two essays. the methods essay i did around 2 and a half pages for as well.

Oh god yeah, unit 3 & 4 seem nicer because they only have 3 and 4 questions, but i havent done enough revision, how are u coping
Oh god yeah, unit 3 & 4 seem nicer because they only have 3 and 4 questions, but i havent done enough revision, how are u coping

i hate a2 sociology so much. theres too much to learn. i kinda feel alright with theories of crime and bits of belief but i really dont understand the whole 33 marker on theory and methods..
i hate a2 sociology so much. theres too much to learn. i kinda feel alright with theories of crime and bits of belief but i really dont understand the whole 33 marker on theory and methods..

yeah i agree, 33 markers confuse me so much, barely did work in a2 this year too need to do revision asap
yeah i agree, 33 markers confuse me so much, barely did work in a2 this year too need to do revision asap

theres a whole revision pack of notes on the all the theories of crime on a website called getrevising which is where i revised from for my mocks and that helped. i'll link it; https://getrevising.co.uk/revision-notes/sociology_a2_revision_unit_4_crime_and_deviance , theres other revision notes on there that people have put up as well which are really useful
Original post by xxvine
Lol what a mess up
Mailed is emailed lol
If it was postal they would have said postal
Cheeky question though because mailed is another word for postal

No, mailed definitely meant postal...

emailed is and never has been pronounced 'mailed' ever. Postal is very often referred to as mailed. Email questionnaires aren't even part of the spec.

Quick Reply

Latest