The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blue_Mason
Oh look another impotent irritant posting tsr

Hey! Long time no see! Feeling a little "blue"?

I hope it's nothing you can't 'fix'?

(Bad puns on your name; I'm being annoying like that.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
you'd be surprised...

I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover that there is a correlation between levels of education and racist attitudes, and I'm sure that there is. I'd be interested, though, to know how this obtains as more than association.

Sensibly, racists are idiots, and idiots tend not to thrive in the education system. But nothing that I studied at university was explicitly or implicitly related to social justice such that it might have changed my (or anyone's) thinking. I only wasn't a racist when I arrived.
Original post by XcitingStuart
Hey! Long time no see! Feeling a little "blue"?

I hope it's nothing you can't 'fix'?

(Bad puns on your name; I'm being annoying like that.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you like a hug stuart?
Original post by Blue_Mason
Would you like a hug stuart?

Yes :colondollar: So endearing.

:giggle:
Tuition fees make sense.
£9k per year is too much.
Don't forget the loan too, you know, the money you spend on food and rent.
Original post by edothero
Tuition fees make sense.
£9k per year is too much.
Don't forget the loan too, you know, the money you spend on food and rent.

Yeah, that's why a rise is ridiculous
I don't find black people attractive, personal preference...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trying to bait me, are you lad?

you've obviously seen my previous posts, so you know what i think of that...
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
Trying to bait me, are you lad?

you've obviously seen my previous posts, so you know what i think of that...

Who cares who you think of that its personal preference on what he finds attractive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Who cares who you think of that its personal preference on what he finds attractive

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's also subtle racism for writing off an entire subsection of the world.. There may well be a black person he would find attractive.

I don't get racial preferences tbh, there's more variety within an ethnicity than between them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
It's also subtle racism for writing off an entire subsection of the world.. There may well be a black person he would find attractive.

I don't get racial preferences tbh, there's more variety within an ethnicity than between them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So? I don't find fat people sexually attractive so I'm fatist then.

Boohoo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
So? I don't find fat people sexually attractive so I'm fatist then.

Boohoo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol. You're comparing a trait most people can change to an otherwise irrelevant level of melanin others are born with.

As I said, bone structure, appearance et al will vary within an ethnicity and I'm 100% sure there will be black people who 'fit' OP's physical trait expectations save for skin colour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol. You're comparing a trait most people can change to an otherwise irrelevant level of melanin others are born with.

As I said, bone structure, appearance et al will vary within an ethnicity and I'm 100% sure there will be black people who 'fit' OP's physical trait expectations save for skin colour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its a psychical trait end of story of the person isn't attracted to black people then it's sod all to do with you and definitely not racist.

It's like saying I'm not attracted to men oh dats sexist mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Its a psychical trait end of story of the person isn't attracted to black people then it's sod all to do with you and definitely not racist.

It's like saying I'm not attracted to men oh dats sexist mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, it's really not the same - sexual orientation =/= typecasting billions of people. I cba arguing my side if you fail to understand what I'm saying.

Have a good day

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just genuinely find the black skin colour not attractive on men (though find black women attractive, however.)(Me bi.)

That post there was to provoke her, but it's not unreasonable to make that claim after I consistently find that I don't find the black skin colour attractive on men. I can still recognise he's attractive, like conventionally attractive, but it doesn't turn me on.

It's not racism, it's not racist, at all.
I just genuinely find the black skin colour not attractive on men (though find black women attractive, however.)(Me bi.)

That post there was to provoke her, but it's not unreasonable to make that claim after I consistently find that I don't find the black skin colour attractive on men. I can still recognise he's attractive, like conventionally attractive, but it doesn't turn me on.

It's not racism, it's not racist, at all.

That is absolutely fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samesea
Who are you to judge what degrees are worth completing though? You may find them unnecessary or irrelevant maybe, but that's far from what the people who do these courses feel. Believe it or not people aren't taking degrees because they're fun.

The country can afford to pay for every English, Welsh and Northern Irish students' university fees. I can't see how someone on The Student Room of all places would disagree that education is a right for all, regardless of background or how much your family earns.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Especially the part on the rest of Britain getting it paid for!
Original post by samesea
Who are you to judge what degrees are worth completing though? You may find them unnecessary or irrelevant maybe, but that's far from what the people who do these courses feel. Believe it or not people aren't taking degrees because they're fun.

The country can afford to pay for every English, Welsh and Northern Irish students' university fees. I can't see how someone on The Student Room of all places would disagree that education is a right for all, regardless of background or how much your family earns.

I am the gains king.

Fine if you want to a shiity degree, I just do not want to have to pay for it and hear you cry when you can't get a decent job.

Is that including the 13 years of FREE education that you've already had?
Original post by The gains kinggg
I am the gains king.

Fine if you want to a shiity degree, I just do not want to have to pay for it and hear you cry when you can't get a decent job.

Is that including the 13 years of FREE education that you've already had?

Yes, it is included the thirteen years of free education - thirteen years of education that provides the perfect foundation for further education, because let's be honest: solely having GCSEs will not take you far in the world we live in. They are just a basis for further enrichment.
Original post by paul514
Free education has been a universal right in this country right up until a decade ago.
It caused no problems and the students paid more in tax than none graduates.

End of story

It should have stayed that way

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't it just charming that a generation who benefited from free further education were the ones to take it away from the rest of us?

It just sickens me.
Original post by samesea
Isn't it just charming that a generation who benefited from free further education were the ones to take it away from the rest of us?

It just sickens me.

This is an objective assessment of whether fees should exist.

Latest

Trending

Trending