The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This place is a bit dead

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
You doing edexcel S3 tmmrw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fortunately not - the only stats ill be doing is the dreaded FP3/S2 clash (it's not my strong point anyway :laugh:) but good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone done OCR Physics Unit 1 today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
This place is a bit dead

Posted from TSR Mobile

Propa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
This place is a bit dead

Posted from TSR Mobile

Much like my hopes of meeting my offer
Original post by felecita
Much like my hopes of meeting my offer

Here's to hoping the grade boundaries are as low as my self esteem
Anyone else feel like their work rate and efficiency was better at AS? :frown:
Original post by Serine Soul

Yeah I was more driven but I think I know how to study more efficiently now though

This year after exams I'm like "well crap I messed up one question I lost x marks I hope this is enough to scrape an A*" whereas last year I was like "****ing kill me I lost 2 marks RIP my UMS, 100UMS cap better not be full raw "

I guess it's healthier this year though
Original post by C0balt
Yeah I was more driven but I think I know how to study more efficiently now though

This year after exams I'm like "well crap I messed up one question I lost x marks I hope this is enough to scrape an A*" whereas last year I was like "****ing kill me I lost 2 marks RIP my UMS, 100UMS cap better not be full raw "

Yeah, I agree. I think learning from last year, I did my notes well in advance (as soon as the topic was covered in lesson) and past papers too, so recently I feel like I have nothing left to do. I'm just trying to go over topics I've not thought about in a while to fill my time (all my friends are busy revising lol)
Original post by C0balt

lol @ STEP

Mines at its peak now now lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mines at its peak now now lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good. Confident on meeting the offer?
I say to my brother 'if you get anything below a B at GCSE and A Level, I won't buy you anything anymore' 'If you don't get into a top 5 uni, I won't talk to you anymore'...

He just laughs his head off :lol:

Let him enjoy his youth and innocence for now...
That's good. Confident on meeting the offer?

not all of it, i reckon i have a good chance of meeting the important bits step and afm. my ums in mechanics will be decent which might work in my favour. Physics is ok but no matter the practice the dependancy on MS is just too much for me so i will prob just get an high A. step confidence is the same as last year although i am much better so hopefully the mathematical maturity will kick in. and physics is boring and ****.

Oh yeah, this year I've been feeling really depressed and keep thinking I won't make my offer... Last year I was doing 5 AS levels (because I did music as well, which wasn't really good for my health because it's so time consuming) but I was still revising hard and it paid off in the end. This year, no matter how hard I am revising I still don't feel very confident and don't feel like I really deserve a place at Cambridge.
not all of it, i reckon i have a good chance of meeting the important bits step and afm. my ums in mechanics will be decent which might work in my favour. Physics is ok but no matter the practice the dependancy on MS is just too much for me so i will prob just get an high A. step confidence is the same as last year although i am much better so hopefully the mathematical maturity will kick in. and physics is boring and ****.

I practically learn biology and chemistry from the mark scheme. It gets so dull :redface:

I'm guessing that extra year has helped with STEP? I'm sure you'll be fine this year :yes:

Good luck anyway, when's your first exam?
I practically learn biology and chemistry from the mark scheme. It gets so dull :redface:

I'm guessing that extra year has helped with STEP? I'm sure you'll be fine this year :yes:

Good luck anyway, when's your first exam?

although i havent done much step at all (other then today when i realised i need to keep up the exam technique) since i used alot of stuff last year the olympiads and other maths has helped and general problem solving has massively helped as it allowed me to understand harder things etc. already had M3/S3 last weds and today, they went well :smile:
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Oh yeah, this year I've been feeling really depressed and keep thinking I won't make my offer... Last year I was doing 5 AS levels (because I did music as well, which wasn't really good for my health because it's so time consuming) but I was still revising hard and it paid off in the end. This year, no matter how hard I am revising I still don't feel very confident and don't feel like I really deserve a place at Cambridge.

I only did 4 AS but had time to do other things alongside it to help with my PS, I was just so determined to get an offer :redface:

This year I barely have that much motivation. I know that if I put the work in, I can get the grades, but at the same time I don't feel like I'd fit at the uni, that everyone is much more clever with 5A*s at A Level or something :redface: So I'm just going with the flow, hoping the right thing happens
I only did 4 AS but had time to do other things alongside it to help with my PS, I was just so determined to get an offer :redface:

This year I barely have that much motivation. I know that if I put the work in, I can get the grades, but at the same time I don't feel like I'd fit at the uni, that everyone is much more clever with 5A*s at A Level or something :redface: So I'm just going with the flow, hoping the right thing happens

Hopefully! It'll be worth it in the end :smile: What's your insurance?
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Hopefully! It'll be worth it in the end :smile: What's your insurance?

Manchester, but I think if I get A*AA (and don't get accepted into Cambridge), I'm going to take a year out to try for a different uni, or a different course at Manchester. Not really sure though

How about you?

Latest

Trending

Trending