The Student Room Group

History or Classics?

At a real cross roads as I was banking on taking both History and Classical Civilisation for A-level ,but, as I'm already taking Fine Art and critical thinking I now have to choose between the two; any suggestions?
Original post by meldiriell
At a real cross roads as I was banking on taking both History and Classical Civilisation for A-level ,but, as I'm already taking Fine Art and critical thinking I now have to choose between the two; any suggestions?

Hi, what are you thinking of doing at university? (If you're planning to go that is!)

Have you considered swapping critical thinking for history and classical civilisation? Critical thinking often doesn't count as part of an offer, so perhaps it would be better to take both history and classical civilisation instead? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1741
Hi, what are you thinking of doing at university? (If you're planning to go that is!)

Have you considered swapping critical thinking for history and classical civilisation? Critical thinking often doesn't count as part of an offer, so perhaps it would be better to take both history and classical civilisation instead? :smile:

That was my original plan but my sixth form has advised against that as Fine Art has a massive workload and I don't want to jeopardise my results by stretching myself too far! I'm hoping to study English at uni! I would like to go somewhere like Durham so facilitating subjects are quite important as well as good marks :smile:
Original post by meldiriell
That was my original plan but my sixth form has advised against that as Fine Art has a massive workload and I don't want to jeopardise my results by stretching myself too far! I'm hoping to study English at uni! I would like to go somewhere like Durham so facilitating subjects are quite important as well as good marks :smile:

If I am correct, Durham do not count Critical Thinking as part of your offer... :redface:
I'm in the same position as you too!!! I'm currently debating on whether I should change from History to Classical Civilisation (I've already told the school what subjects I will be taking next year). I think I'm gonna go for Classical Civ as I personally think I'd enjoy it more :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest