The Student Room Group

AS level Edexcel Biology Unit 1 exam on May 26th 2016- MATHS!!!!

Hi everyone!
I'm panicking about the maths content side of the exam! My maths is fine and I'm ok at it, it's just what we actually need to KNOW for the exam calculations-wise!
Do we need to remember all of the calculations and methods we have learnt?? Or just how to manipulate and solve the equation using info they have given us in the question?
I hope that makes sense! Thanks!
we need to learn that we will fail, or if you are me and my friend, fail again. if you are doing the AS for the first time, get out and drop the subject from your timetable now. it only gets worse
Original post by flickyfairy
Hi everyone!
I'm panicking about the maths content side of the exam! My maths is fine and I'm ok at it, it's just what we actually need to KNOW for the exam calculations-wise!
Do we need to remember all of the calculations and methods we have learnt?? Or just how to manipulate and solve the equation using info they have given us in the question?
I hope that makes sense! Thanks!

You need to be able to calculate heart rate of a graph, you always needed to manipulate data from the graph anyway,Chi squared ?,percentage change and you definitely need to be able to work out the chances of someone getting a recessive disorder.
Reply 3
Original post by Fkavanessa
You need to be able to calculate heart rate of a graph, you always needed to manipulate data from the graph anyway,Chi squared ?,percentage change and you definitely need to be able to work out the chances of someone getting a recessive disorder.

Thank you!! What about standard deviation, spearman rank and t-test?? Or are they for our unit 2 exam???
Reply 4
Thank you!! What about standard deviation, spearman rank and t-test?? Or are they for our unit 2 exam???

Ive never come across those in the syllabus. What are they?
Reply 5
Original post by SM98.x
Ive never come across those in the syllabus. What are they?

They're tests for like correlation of data and stuff- my teacher taught us them because apparently they're on the new spec:s-smilie:
Reply 6
They're tests for like correlation of data and stuff- my teacher taught us them because apparently they're on the new spec:s-smilie:

I really hope they dont make an appearance. I cant be learning something new the night before the exam :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by SM98.x
I really hope they dont make an appearance. I cant be learning something new the night before the exam :frown:

I hope they don't either!! I cba with all this maths!:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending