The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vagabond queen
Thank you! Are you a current dental student at Barts and if so what year?:smile: Hopefully see you in September :tongue:

Yeah, second year dentist. Cool, see you in September as well !
Original post by dentistrygirl999

I really love PASS, I think the best people in the world.

Good answer :wink:
Reply 22
Please could someone offer me advice. I recieved four interviews for dentistry and was rejected from all four of them. ( 😕 I know I am pretty bad at interviews) However, I was placed on a waiting list from Barts and recently Liverpool have offered me a place for 2017 entry with a chance of gaining a place for 2016 entry. I really don't know what to do now. I absolutely love Barts and that slight chance of getting an offer from the waiting list is preventing me from accepting an offer from Liverpool (which would otherwise have been an easy decision.) Does anybody know anything about how the Barts waiting list works and how many people get offers from the waiting list? Any advice given would be extremely helpful. I don't want to come across as ungrateful because I really am soo happy to get an offer from Liverpool it's just I've been dreaming of going to Barts for a long time
Original post by Hope111
Please could someone offer me advice. I recieved four interviews for dentistry and was rejected from all four of them. ( 😕 I know I am pretty bad at interviews) However, I was placed on a waiting list from Barts and recently Liverpool have offered me a place for 2017 entry with a chance of gaining a place for 2016 entry. I really don't know what to do now. I absolutely love Barts and that slight chance of getting an offer from the waiting list is preventing me from accepting an offer from Liverpool (which would otherwise have been an easy decision.) Does anybody know anything about how the Barts waiting list works and how many people get offers from the waiting list? Any advice given would be extremely helpful. I don't want to come across as ungrateful because I really am soo happy to get an offer from Liverpool it's just I've been dreaming of going to Barts for a long time

I would argue that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Think how you would feel if you went for Barts and then ended up with nothing. A dental degree is not something you want to gamble with. Honestly, you will probably love wherever you end up. I'm at Barts and I love it but Liverpool is also an excellent uni and a lovely city.

Is there any way you can accept Liverpool and then decide to go with Barts if you then get taken off the waiting list? This seems like the obvious best-of-both-worlds solution.

Unfortunately i have no idea how many students get accepted from the waiting list each year, it depends entirely on how many people fail to achieve their grades since Barts makes more offers than it has places, this is because they know that not every person with an offer will choose barts. You also have no way of knowing how far down the waiting list you are at the moment.

Latest