The Student Room Group

RAMADAN 2016 Any muslims planning on secretly not fasting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I was born into a muslim family, wouldn't consider myself a practicing Muslim at all. Last Ramadan i didn't fast i secretly ate when no one was around and i'm planning to do the same this year too as Ramadan approaches in a few weeks time. What are your thoughts on this? Do any fellow 'muslims' do this too? I know it's bad but i really don't see the point in fasting if i don't even practice the religion...? If you're a non muslims what are your thoughts on my decision? Just curious :smile:

just eat who cares. im a muslim but if you want to eat you can - dont let anyone force you to fast. Ignore those in this thread talking rubbish. :smile: i personally will likely fast but its not the end of the world
Original post by akeel1001
darwin is dumb he cant tell difference between inter breeding between animals and evolution if white and arab mate of course the child going to have both of the parents dna mix

and not only that why do apes still exist? answer that even he said it is a theroy as it helps him in his work and also he became atheist one of his aunt died that was a pesonal reason for him to reject god and not only that u explain on soul please oh wait science says they dont know nothing about it as we muslims do so there and for the record this is not me want u to convert or any thing just trying to make a point

You misunderstand the theory of evolution. You also misunderstand the meaning of the word theory.

Theory simply means a scientific idea that we know is almost certainly true though evidence, mathematical models etc, but we have no way of categorically proving because it all happened over millions of year. Evidence of evolution is demonstrated in selective breeding and antibiotic resistance, that is why it is considered scientific fact.

Apes that are around today are the more evolutionary advanced ancestors of the more basic "ape" primate that both humans and modern apes share as an ancestral cousin. The species split into humans, chimps, monkeys, apes etc due to evolutionary pressures which promoted certain characteristics and a preference for those that promoted survival. Evolution is still happening now but it is a very slow process in mammals due to our long lifespans. However in other animals like dogs which live for about 1/8 of our lifespan, humanity has witnessed their evolution, although it was manmade through selective breeding. You personally can witness evolution within even a couple of days. Bacteria have very fast breeding rates and so can evolve very quickly. Hence why we need new flu jabs each year because the common cold bacteria/ virus changes as it evolves. Antibacterial resistance is a very good, yet terrifying indicator of evolution, as the bacteria which are killed by antibiotics do not survive and so cannot reproduce and pass on their genes. There will be a tiny minority however that through random mutation are able to survive the antibiotic and these are able to reproduce and pass on their genes with less competition and so over time ( in the case of bacteria often only a few days) the antibiotic resistant gene becomes more prevalent, and the species of bacterium has been changed and evolved. Hence we can demonstrate the theory of evolution. You need to think of evolution like a tree, we can no longer mate with other animals because we are separate branches, however in the past we all stemmed from the same common ancestral organism (i.e. in this analogy the tree trunk)
so how came humans have not evolved stop chatting shite
oh for gods sake stop insulting the people in the world who are actually starving. fasting during sunlight hours does not give you the real and true feeling of starvation because you get to stuff your face and eat as much as you want when its dark.

Muslims are not supposed to suffer like the unfortunate people who are starving. Fasting is to for Muslims to feel a FRACTION of what the poor go through, to empathise with the poor and realise how fortunate Muslims who fast are. A Muslim must only fast if it is physically possible, if you are sick, unwell or pregnant for example it is not compulsory to fast. Ramadan is also a time for reflection, prayer, seeking forgiveness and to better yourself as a person - not to insult the starving.

Posted from TSR Mobile
no, your trying to avoid the undeniable truth that there is no god who helps you with exams or answers prayers. You just make crap excuses to try and explain this but it just doesn't cut the mustard

You can't ask God for help without trying to do something yourself, for example praying for an A but not revising won't get you what you the A.
And you have to believe that God will listen and help you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by akeel1001
So why did darwin convert on his death bed to Christianity?
please explain

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are u fasting for your parents or for Allah? :/
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
Since Allah isnt real, i really dont want to fast just to please an imaginary tyrant.

Islamic hatred. Reported. Your comment isn't needed
Since Allah isnt real, i really dont want to fast just to please an imaginary tyrant.

Just curious
What makes you so sure?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mariaa17
Islamic hatred. Reported. Your comment isn't needed

You for real ? You are free to say he's real and im free to speak the truth. No need to get emotional about it, I'm free to say whatever i want.

Original post by I am Iron Man
Just curious
What makes you so sure?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So many reasons......:colonhash:
You for real ? You are free to say he's real and im free to speak the truth. No need to get emotional about it, I'm free to say whatever i want.

U called Allah an "imaginary tyrant" So yeah mate it is offensive. U didnt have to put it that way but u did. And its rude. So Move
Original post by NeoMarxist
I have so many exams in June so there' no way that I can

According to Imams and leading scholars taking examinations are not a valid reason to avoid fasting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What reasons, please explain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please make dua for me, inshallah allah will listen.

*Insha'allah and yeah i will.
What reasons, please explain

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dude , I cant be bothered to take this thread off topic. Come over to the ex-muslims forum and I will happily explain...

Also, you are saying that you are speaking the truth. No. You BELIEVE that you are speaking the truth, the same way Mariaaa believes she is speaking the truth.
If think you are free to say whatever you want, one day Karma will hurt you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, you are saying that you are speaking the truth. No. You BELIEVE that you are speaking the truth, the same way Mariaaa believes she is speaking the truth.
If think you are free to say whatever you want, one day Karma will hurt you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay and you are free to think whatever you want. Events in the world are for the most part random. Probabilty alone suggests that i am likely to get hurt in some way so yeah i will get hurt and it will almost certainly have nothing to do with Karma.

Not sure what i have said that is deserved of you informing me of karma hurting me.
Okay and you are free to think whatever you want. Events in the world are for the most part random. Probabilty alone suggests that i am likely to get hurt in some way so yeah i will get hurt and it will almost certainly have nothing to do with Karma.

Not sure what i have said that is deserved of you informing me of karma hurting me.

It depends on what you believe, if you get hurt some people will believe it is karma. And I was kind of kidding, what I was trying to say was think before you speak, if you speak freely however you want there will be people who won't accept it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends on what you believe, if you get hurt some people will believe it is karma. And I was kind of kidding, what I was trying to say was think before you speak, if you speak freely however you want there will be people who won't accept it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unlike religious people I'm not interested in others believing everything i say. I am more than happy for you to say things that are irrational and pre historic but then you have to be prepared to be mocked and ridiculed.
Unlike religious people I'm not interested in others believing everything i say. I am more than happy for you to say things that are irrational and pre historic but then you have to be prepared to be mocked and ridiculed.

Yes I understand that YOU'RE not interested but other people may take you comments personally.
And you can't mock Iron Man

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending