The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

What's Keele internet like nowadays?

Read a couple of old threads, saying there was a 1gb download limit and certain ports were blocked. Mind you, these were quite a few years old.
Original post by dcthorpe
Read a couple of old threads, saying there was a 1gb download limit and certain ports were blocked. Mind you, these were quite a few years old.

No limit as far as I can tell and it's all wifi now :smile:

Samera
Third year pharmacy student at Keele :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by Daydreamer <3 xx
No limit as far as I can tell and it's all wifi now :smile:

Samera
Third year pharmacy student at Keele :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay that's cool. So is there no wired whatsoever now?
Original post by dcthorpe
Okay that's cool. So is there no wired whatsoever now?

Nope no wires at all in the rooms just wifi :smile: the library desktop computers are wired though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no, that doesn't sound good. I'd rather have a wired connection, or at least the option. What about the download/upload speeds and limits?
Original post by MoazTheFreeman
Oh no, that doesn't sound good. I'd rather have a wired connection, or at least the option. What about the download/upload speeds and limits?

When I went to the open day I'm sure the rooms (at least the flat rooms) had an ethernet port and I'm pretty sure the guy giving the tour said you can get wired connection.

He said the speed was very quick either way.
Unfortunately the ethernet ports have been deactivated, the wifi connection is strong and upload/download speeds are quick. I don't believe there is a data limit anymore, I used to stream Netflix on 4k with no problem.

Alex
Third Year
Strong is an under exaggeration ... easily 100mbps per day all day...

Quick Reply

Latest