The Student Room Group

Mei Ocr s1 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Can you remember how many marks this question was worth?
Original post by 66061
For the hypothesis testing question, i still don't understand how to worked out that 'k' was 13????
also what p(x<=???) would you write down to compare it to the significance level % to reject the null hypothesis?? as you would need to compare it at the end, right????
I'm so confused!!!!
Please can somebody explain it to me.
Thanks!

At a 10% significance level, none of the results would have resulted in H0 being rejected because P(X<=0) = 0.1216. So to reject H0, the significance level would have to be more than 12.16% so that 0 was in the critical region. But it asked for an integer value so it had to be rounded up to 13% as 12 is too small and would not reject it. I hope that all made sense :smile: If any of it didn't, let me know
Original post by maarz
Someone relieve us of the answers for the last question:frown:

Which question was that? :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by becmusic12
At a 10% significance level, none of the results would have resulted in H0 being rejected because P(X<=0) = 0.1216. So to reject H0, the significance level would have to be more than 12.16% so that 0 was in the critical region. But it asked for an integer value so it had to be rounded up to 13% as 12 is too small and would not reject it. I hope that all made sense :smile: If any of it didn't, let me know

Omg! It's more clearer to me now...Thank you so much!
Original post by malderson999
Alright so pretty sure question 1 for me is wrong lol
But for your part 2, I don't think you've taken into account them drawing...I did 1-(0.2*0.2*0.2) = 0.992

That would the p(Not-losing all 3. You had to do 3(WWD)+3(WDW)+3(DDW)+DDD+WWW.
Original post by 66061
Omg! It's more clearer to me now...Thank you so much!

You're very welcome! I'm glad I could help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending