The Student Room Group

If you had £5k spare, what would you do with it?

Scroll to see replies

I would buy 3000 hot wheels cars and brum them around school with my fwends. the rest would be blown on 'women of the night', if you know what I mean :wink:
Original post by KingFTw
i7 6820k OC
[bold]4 Titan Z[bold]
64 gb RAM
1000GB SSD
6TB HDD
Nice case and fan
3 38" 4k monitors

Anyone else agree? :P

Nah m8.
2 GTX 1080s.
The SLI scaling would be better.

Anyway im suprised that with all this money talk, noone has pointed out that it is impossible to run 4 Titan Z's
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ForestShadow
all of it for real? thats impressive

what if it was 5000 rep:colone: still give it all to charity?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Put it towards my wedding and honeymoon

Original post by claireestelle
Put it towards house deposit or wedding.

Congratulations to you both on your engagements!

Original post by spanker
Traveling more.

Exactly my thoughts too - I'd buy another MGF (they are cheap as chips, convertible, and handle beautifully), ferry crossing to France, then a driving tour of Italy: St Tropez, Monaco, Genoa, Pisa, Rome, Naples, Almalfi coast, then back up thourgh the mountains to Lake Como, Milan, Switzerland and home!

David (Enquiries, Glyndwr University)

thx for the rep and I get the pun, its a forest with shadows img, but how is that relevant to my reply/thread :holmes:
Original post by TrueDetective01
Probably invest in precious metals like gold, silver or even platinum. I don't like holding onto fiat currency :smile:

Volvo currency or at a pinch Seat currency. But not Fiat. :nah:
Original post by IAmNero
Pay off my debts and buy a new PC

Man's got the right idea :five:

Still not enough though...

https://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/configurator/custom-built-boutique-dream-gaming-pc-uk-thebear
Original post by ForestShadow
thx for the rep and I get the pun, its a forest with shadows img, but how is that relevant to my reply/thread :holmes:

I will remember to not rep first now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Glyndŵr University
Congratulations to you both on your engagements!

Exactly my thoughts too - I'd buy another MGF (they are cheap as chips, convertible, and handle beautifully), ferry crossing to France, then a driving tour of Italy: St Tropez, Monaco, Genoa, Pisa, Rome, Naples, Almalfi coast, then back up thourgh the mountains to Lake Como, Milan, Switzerland and home!

David (Enquiries, Glyndwr University)

I thinking more south east Asia, but I guess that works too.
All you saying that you'll give it all to charity are lying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Volvo currency or at a pinch Seat currency. But not Fiat. :nah:

Nope, definitely not fiat currency since it is absolutely worthless in my hand :smile:
Original post by Pulse.
All you saying that you'll give it all to charity are lying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I rather give money voluntarily than being forced too (i.e. Taxes :smile:)
Deposit that ****, I need every bill and coin I could get.

Or get a quick kebab. Depending on how severe my alcohol levels are.
5k's worth of space raiders
I rather give money voluntarily than being forced too (i.e. Taxes :smile:)

I think it's alot more intuitive giving money to the government to pay for the fact that it underpins and facilitates everything you do over altruism which serves no purpose other than to make you feel better about yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pulse.
I think it's alot more intuitive giving money to the government to pay for the fact that it underpins and facilitates everything you do over altruism which serves no purpose other than to make you feel better about yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let me make that decision for myself in what I want to do with with my own money from labour. Is that so hard? It's not my fault that you get your kicks from stealing other peoples money
Next semester's uni fees.

Exciting I know.
Let me make that decision for myself in what I want to do with with my own money from labour. Is that so hard? It's not my fault that you get your kicks from stealing other peoples money

If people only gave money when they wanted to, we wouldn't be able to have an effective public service. No health service, social service, libraries, police, fire service or education system could run purely on donations.

The poor actually give proportionally more of their income to charity than the rich. Those with little give away what they have to those that have even less.

I really don't give two hoots about stealing your money. Tax isn't stealing. We live in one society. The wealthy should not have a get out clause from contributing their fair share. They are the thieves. Not the poor wanting public services.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
If people only gave money when they wanted to, we wouldn't be able to have an effective public service. No health service, social service, libraries, police, fire service or education system could run purely on donations.

The poor actually give proportionally more of their income to charity than the rich. Those with little give away what they have to those that have even less.

I really don't give two hoots about stealing your money. Tax isn't stealing. We live in one society. The wealthy should not have a get out clause from contributing their fair share. They are the thieves. Not the poor wanting public services.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was I talking about the rich and the poor? Why are you so against people's (I am talking about the individual) right to earn their money from labour and spending on what they want?

You are no different from the elites who run government

Quick Reply

Latest