The Student Room Group

Good Subjects for Law Degree at A level!

Hey I'm currently doing a levels however I've just done my exams and found them exteremly difficult this was due to me starting January in comparison to September and I missed a lot of time off however I might do ok and make it to A2 however it will have to be a miracle but I've always known I'll have to re do a year so you know no biggie but I want to do law at uni and was just wondering what a level subjects to take, this year I took

Law
Media
Business

But these were just quick subjects I choose in August as I didn't really think about a levels till I got my results, I just want to know what other subjects will be good for Law/ Criminology.
Essay subjects such as History and English Literature would be good for law. Politics may also be useful :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1741
Essay subjects such as History and English Literature would be good for law. Politics may also be useful :smile:

Yeah however I didn't do literature or history at GCSE so I was unable to pick it for a level but thank you anyway :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Haliem
Yeah however I didn't do literature or history at GCSE so I was unable to pick it for a level but thank you anyway :smile:

How is that so? You don't have to have studied Eng Lit and History at GCSE before taking it up on A-Level?
Reply 4
Original post by Dann.It
How is that so? You don't have to have studied Eng Lit and History at GCSE before taking it up on A-Level?

At my sixth form it's compulsory :frown:)
Reply 5
Law, Government & Politics, History and maybe Sociology
Where are you thinking of applying? Have you checked their entry requirements? :smile: Most do not ask for law a-level. It's probably a good idea to study an Arts subject such as geography, history etc. :colonhash:
And, I'm thinking of applying for law this year too, but I'll probably go for Politics in the end. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest