The Student Room Group

How would you feel about 600 UMS?

Right so I currently resitting A levels after my epic failure of receiving:
Physics U
Chemistry U
Maths B

So from the aftermath me and my family have concluded that all I am good for is MATHS!
Although I do still hold an interest for Physics I now do OCR Economics along with Maths and Further Maths (WJEC).
I was wondering after I messed up on the common chord question on C2 yesterday - HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU GOT 600 UMS IN A LEVEL MATHS(or 100% in other examboards).
And please could you describe to me many people actually get 600 UMS in A2 FURTHER MATHS?

Thanks and please dont feel shy to discriminate since Im a resitter.

- Hopefully the C2 boundaries are lowered 👍👌🤔

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wouldn't stop bragging about it until the end of my days :tongue:

Closest I could do now would be 588 in Physics...
Reply 2
Original post by Maths is Life
Right so I currently resitting A levels after my epic failure of receiving:
Physics U
Chemistry U
Maths B

So from the aftermath me and my family have concluded that all I am good for is MATHS!
Although I do still hold an interest for Physics I now do OCR Economics along with Maths and Further Maths (WJEC).
I was wondering after I messed up on the common chord question on C2 yesterday - HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU GOT 600 UMS IN A LEVEL MATHS(or 100% in other examboards).
And please could you describe to me many people actually get 600 UMS in A2 FURTHER MATHS?

Thanks and please dont feel shy to discriminate since Im a resitter.

- Hopefully the C2 boundaries are lowered 👍👌🤔

I would be exceptionally pleased with 600ums
Original post by OGGUS
I would be exceptionally pleased with 600ums

I am aiming for full UMS in A level maths sinces Im a resitter and its basically 500 UMS for an A* 😂. Feel likes Ive failed Economics though...👎😐
I have 600 UMS in 4 subjects, pls
Reply 5
I am aiming for full UMS in A level maths sinces Im a resitter and its basically 500 UMS for an A* 😂. Feel likes Ive failed Economics though...👎😐

well that's good and the other is a tragedy considering your a year behind
Reply 6
Original post by RezzBerry

i smell a bullishiter lmao
Original post by RezzBerry

What subjects do tell
I got a U in Physics and got double A in Maths and Further maths last year :P I'd love to get 600 Ums but doubt i'll get it haha even though im predicted an A* in Maths
Original post by Ayaz789
I got a U in Physics and got double A in Maths and Further maths last year :P I'd love to get 600 Ums but doubt i'll get it haha even though im predicted an A* in Maths

What subjects do you take now? If Physics how did they let you carry on? Im guessing you picked up Applied Science 👌😂
What subjects do you take now? If Physics how did they let you carry on? Im guessing you picked up Applied Science 👌😂

I got a U in AS Physics but I was the only student in the whole year that let me carry on with A2 Physics alongside with AS physics haha :biggrin: I also do wjec for Maths and further maths ;p right now i do physics , maths and further maths :biggrin:
Original post by Ayaz789
I got a U in AS Physics but I was the only student in the whole year that let me carry on with A2 Physics alongside with AS physics haha :biggrin: I also do wjec for Maths and further maths ;p right now i do physics , maths and further maths :biggrin:

M8 we're alike. Except I didnt revise at all last year. Maths and Physics seems to be the grounds of all lazy lads. They all think we're intelligent. Well not me since Im a resitter although I achieved maximum marks in the mocks 😐
Firstly, it's really really difficult to achieve 600 UMS. Like, I think there's a significant difference between being able to achieve 95 in each exam and 100 in each exam.

That level of attention and accuracy isn't present in most students (myself, included). I could make tiny mistakes like copying my previous step incorrectly or in some cases may not read the "give your answer to x dp/sf"

That's why I believe getting 100 UMS is significantly harder than achieving an A* and I'm assuming getting 600 would be extremely rewarding.

Just by the way, I had a friend who got BUD (and something else) in Maths, Physics and Further Maths, the first time he sat his AS Levels. He continued with A2 Maths and resat the others (so he's doing his A Levels in 3 years), and has an offer for Imperial for Design Engineering, so don't be discouraged by your grades the first time.

Good luck :smile:
M8 we're alike. Except I didnt revise at all last year. Maths and Physics seems to be the grounds of all lazy lads. They all think we're intelligent. Well not me since Im a resitter although I achieved maximum marks in the mocks 😐

Haha i did no revision last year either , but the thing is im really good at maths so i dont revise it much and i never revised phsyics and got a U :facepalm:
Anyways ive got a decent offer anyways :biggrin:
Original post by Ayaz789
Haha i did no revision last year either , but the thing is im really good at maths so i dont revise it much and i never revised phsyics and got a U :facepalm:
Anyways ive got a decent offer anyways :biggrin:

By decent offer do you mean a unconditional?
By decent offer do you mean a unconditional?

Naa conditional but achievable haha :smile:
Original post by Ayaz789
Naa conditional but achievable haha :smile:

Wish you good luck👍. If youre studying a Maths Degree at a reputable University then thats decent 👌
Wish you good luck👍. If youre studying a Maths Degree at a reputable University then thats decent 👌

Haha yeah studying Maths at University of Leeds hopefully :u:
Reply 18
I'd feel very good...I came close..in Maths and Further Maths I had 9 100s, an 87, a 95 and a 96 to get 587 in the former and 591 in the latter. Loads of people get 100% in Maths, the combo of 1200 UMS is much more uncommon if I recall correctly, if it ever happens at all that is..don't know if anyone's ever got 1800 with Additional Maths in the mix too lol
562 for Maths :colondollar: mostly due to 84 from C4 (thankfully 100 in C3 :s-smilie:) and... Second closest was 498 in Further Maths with 52 from FP2. The point of sharing that is to show that there's hope - even if you thought one exam went terribly, you might get more UMS than you think and you just have to do well in the others.

But I would be well chuffed with 600 or anything closer.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest