The Student Room Group

CCEA M1 Mechanics 25th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scomiskey872
I got the same as you, I thought it said distance...

I think you had to do both cause I got -280 and then 1480! They were two separate qu's I think from memory anyway
Reply 41
Original post by Sparklez10
I got the same as you for qu2!!
Qu 4 for total distance travelled I got 62.4m I think!!:frown: But got 2 and 10!

Thank god someone got he same as me for Q2:biggrin: Was a hard question because I'm so unfamiliar with d/t graphs. For q4 i got s=0.5, s=115/6 and then s= -66.16 recurring for t=0,2, and 10 respectively then worked out 104m from there.

I lost 2 marks on the first page - fml:colondollar:then lost the last mark on the last question because i keyed it in wrong when using the calculator. I thought it was an ok paper. Couldn't believe they asked for the resultant on the pulley again!
Original post by ozmo19
Thank god someone got he same as me for Q2:biggrin: Was a hard question because I'm so unfamiliar with d/t graphs. For q4 i got s=0.5, s=115/6 and then s= -66.16 recurring for t=0,2, and 10 respectively then worked out 104m from there.

I lost 2 marks on the first page - fml:colondollar:then lost the last mark on the last question because i keyed it in wrong when using the calculator. I thought it was an ok paper. Couldn't believe they asked for the resultant on the pulley again!

Has no one else got the same as us so far hHahaa
i had an equation for s with the c constant being 0.5!! Did t =0,2,10! Then worked out my value think it was 62.4 but I can't be sure!!

What did you get for the first qu for all 3 parts!?
What did you get for the resultant on the pully I think I messed it up

Was nicer paper thank last years one i sat :biggrin:
Seemed pretty good to me,
question 3 part iii was cheeky tho. Did anybody else get two equations, set equal to T, equate and use trig identities to find the angle?
Original post by Blackstar152
Seemed pretty good to me,
question 3 part iii was cheeky tho. Did anybody else get two equations, set equal to T, equate and use trig identities to find the angle?

I got Tsin = and tcos= then did sin/cos the T's cancelled which gave you tan to work the angle (22.2 anyone else?? Then put the angle back into one of my equations to work out T (29.4N??)
Reply 45
I got Tsin = and tcos= then did sin/cos the T's cancelled which gave you tan to work the angle (22.2 anyone else?? Then put the angle back into one of my equations to work out T (29.4N??)

I did this method and got both the same answers as you

I got the speed as 70.2 and time as 6.65?
For the last q on that page I forgot to divide by 0.2. So i had a=1.96. a should have been 5.8m/s^2.
You get those?
Original post by ozmo19
I did this method and got both the same answers as you

I got the speed as 70.2 and time as 6.65?
For the last q on that page I forgot to divide by 0.2. So i had a=1.96. a should have been 5.8m/s^2.
You get those?

I think I got those and then changed but i can't be sure fml
Reply 47
I think I got those and then changed but i can't be sure fml

Did you actually get 4.74 too for the average speed on the displacement/time graph? I had no idea how to do it
Original post by ozmo19
Did you actually get 4.74 too for the average speed on the displacement/time graph? I had no idea how to do it

Yeah I did!! Did you ??
Reply 49
Yeah I did!! Did you ??

Yeah!, and I had no idea if i was going it right:biggrin: Are you doing C2 next week?
Has no one else got the same as us so far hHahaa
i had an equation for s with the c constant being 0.5!! Did t =0,2,10! Then worked out my value think it was 62.4 but I can't be sure!!

Was nicer paper thank last years one i sat :biggrin:

I got 62.4 as well, 11.2 + 11.7 +39.5 :smile:
Original post by Penguinfarts

Yess that's exact same here!! Fabulous haha
Okay so not exactly an unofficial marks scheme but this is what I got from memory. Really not sure about q6 though.

Q1 (i) 70.2ms^-1
(ii) 6.65s
(iii) 5.8ms^-2
Q2 (i) 5ms^-1
(ii) -280m
(iii) 4.74ms^-1
Q3 angle=22.2
T=24.9N
Q4 (i) 2s, 10s
(ii) 62.4m
Q5 (i) v=k+2
(ii) I=-km
(iii) k=2
Q6 (i) 0.387
(ii) 7.62N
Q7 1.37m
Reply 53
Original post by Penguinfarts

I got 62.4, but then i subtracted 0.5 because it asked for the distance traveled? Sat there for about 15 minutes deliberating whether or not I should subtract 0.5 lmao.
Original post by ozmo19
Yeah!, and I had no idea if i was going it right:biggrin: Are you doing C2 next week?

No I did good enough in it last year I'm not resitting! Good luck in it and hit me up if you need help :smile:
Original post by caitrionacarson
Okay so not exactly an unofficial marks scheme but this is what I got from memory. Really not sure about q6 though.

Q1 (i) 70.2ms^-1
(ii) 6.65s
(iii) 5.8ms^-2
Q2 (i) 5ms^-1
(ii) -280m
(iii) 4.74ms^-1
Q3 angle=22.2
T=24.9N
Q4 (i) 2s, 10s
(ii) 62.4m
Q5 (i) v=k+2
(ii) I=-km
(iii) k=2
Q6 (i) 0.387
(ii) 7.62N
Q7 1.37m

What was qu 6ii again? Can't remember the qu
Reply 56
What was qu 6ii again? Can't remember the qu

First part was acceleration. Second part was the resultant force on the pulley in terms of m
Original post by ozmo19
First part was acceleration. Second part was the resultant force on the pulley in terms of m

Oh yeah I think I got that can't remember haha:rolleyes:
Original post by studentdream
I did that too.. I'm pretty sure it did ask it?? It asked for the displacement of D and then the total distance traveled

Original post by scomiskey872
I got the same as you, I thought it said distance...

Unless we are getting the question mistaken from the variable acceleration one between 0 and 10 seconds, as it asked distance?
Original post by John5678
Unless we are getting the question mistaken from the variable acceleration one between 0 and 10 seconds, as it asked distance?

Yeah I think that's what's happened, I used the just used the distance to work out the average speed for the time graph question!

Quick Reply

Latest