The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elleee1234
Anxiety and feeling really low tonight and I don't know why I just need a hug of my best friend anyone wanna chat? ❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm around if you want to chat/PM :smile: x
Just want to wish everyone who is currently sitting their exams at school, college or uni well. Exams are stressful for most people but for us, they can be a whole new meaning of stress. I remember how terrible I felt during exam time. Failing didn't worry me, taking a panic attack in the test worried me. I lost count of how many times I walked out of an exam early and just half finished the paper because of panic and then I was kicking myself afterwards because I should have stayed.

I made the mistake of not telling college about my illnesses for fear of not being taken seriously and all that jazz and therefore I didn't get any help like extra time or doing the test in a different room and I really regret that and my grades suffered. I hope none of you have made the mistake I made.

Best of luck everyone. The hard work will all pay off :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I am exhausted. I haven't slept properly now in weeks. Over the past 3 nights I have literally had about an hours sleep :yawn::yawn:

Really starting to panic about my uni assignment. I have one month left to hand it in and I keep trying to start it but cannot focus on it at all. It's just not happening, and I am not a last minute person. Got so much going on right now and in the coming month I don't know if I can do this.

Hope everybody had a restful night :smile:
One of the worst nights I've had with insomnia for a while. I haven't been sleeping well for ages but last night took the biscuit. Its going to fuel my OCD and panic attacks today :frown: just need to take it easy
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Have the beginnings of a migraine. Great. That's all I need today. :grumble:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Have the beginnings of a migraine. Great. That's all I need today. :grumble:

Noooooo :frown: migraines are horrible! I hope it goes away quickly for you and you feel better soon :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
I'm currently on holiday visiting family and the voices are being incredibly aggressive, loud, and trying to force me to do things I don't want to. I just want to enjoy my holiday but they won't let me. I'm starting to really fear that what they're saying will happen. :frown:

Oh Saber I know that feeling :frown:

You just have to fight what they're saying.
I got a friend to email the disability office to explain to them why I wasn't answering emails, so that they wouldn't panic. Next thing I know, disability office has phoned my hospital, and hospital phones and asks me to contact disability office so that they don't panic :facepalm:
Idk if anyone can offer any advice on this but..
Basically i have lumps in my groin area which is probably tmi but i really dont want to go to the doctors because i am so self conscious, especially about 'that area', it was traumatic enough having to take my shirt off infront of a doctor nevermind that...
Completely exhausted.
Family therapy this morning was awful, we just ended up arguing..
Then I drove like 40 minutes to my DSA assessment and all they recommended was a few bits of software that I won't use.

Bought myself some doughnuts to make me feel a bit better :frown:
Reply 590
Original post by Anonymous
Idk if anyone can offer any advice on this but..
Basically i have lumps in my groin area which is probably tmi but i really dont want to go to the doctors because i am so self conscious, especially about 'that area', it was traumatic enough having to take my shirt off infront of a doctor nevermind that...

This isnt really the right society as this is mental health. But ultimately if your worried you best get it checked out.
Drs have seen everything and wont judge or be embarrassed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
This isnt really the right society as this is mental health. But ultimately if your worried you best get it checked out.
Drs have seen everything and wont judge or be embarrassed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh ik i just don't really know where else to put it :redface:
plus that is not fully the issue, apart from body image so the idea of doing that is quite traumatic

Spoiler

Reply 592
Yeh ik i just don't really know where else to put it :redface:
plus that is not fully the issue, apart from body image so the idea of doing that is quite traumatic

Spoiler

your dr most likely wont even say anything, but if its in your groin area then just pull your trousers dow slightly so your legs arnt on show?

But if they DO say something, just simply say you dont want to talk about it, or if you no longer do it, tell them you stopped.

They wont tell anyone unless your in serious danger of harming yourself (planning suicide basically) or anyone else. Thems the rules of confidentiality :yep:

I really do urge you to get it checked out
Original post by PandaWho

Spoiler

I really do urge you to get it checked out

Aww thank you so much :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 594
Aww thank you so much :smile:

Spoiler

They cant force it out of you, and stuff like that is often better coming from you openly not forced. So try not to worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anybody awake?

I've had an awful night :frown: feel really unwell AGAIN.
I'm lonely AF and I hate myself for bringing people down. Messed up the beginning of my life so bad, I could have been worth so much more. I could have had it all by now. Could have been the person people like to be around. Everything could have been so wonderful. I'm so stupid, ugly, boring inadequate. I can't face anyone. My confidence is dying. Everything is slow, I'm too tired and weak and scared of the world.to do things. I cant focus, everything is heavy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reducing clozapine, YES!

Fingers crossed the side effects reduce.
Keep getting intrusive thoughts like if I go out today something bad will happen and I deserve it to and **** like that. Its draining and hard to distract myself from them so I'm just trying to work with them and not let them stop me from going out. Waiting on my mum and stepdad picking me up atm to go out shopping for the day.

Hope everyone is doing OK today :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really need to lose weight. My weight has shot up recently and I don't know why. :frown: But this summer I'm planning to buy a bike and do cycling; cheaper than buying a gym membership.

Latest

Trending

Trending