The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mr T 999
I did some calculations if we're to post 90 post a day for 7 days a week. We'll get to over 2500 post in a month. Which in 4 months well reach the 10000 post and end the game.

Who's going to post for 4 months?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was how we imagined it would end back when the first thread was made - either last post before it was locked, or last post before the thread died and was forgotten (a hollow victory is still a victory!). But that was before the mods started enforcing the 10,000 post limit, so as far as we knew it could have gone on forever.

Personally, I liked the feeling of the final rush for 10,000th in the last part, it felt very tense and competitive in the last 100 or so posts (for me at least, maybe I tried too hard? I don't think you'd get the same sort of atmosphere with a vague 'some point after 10,000, mod queue depending' win. Though I can understand the frustration of those who missed it.

I'd suggest maybe double awards, for 10,000th as the 'official' end point of a thread, and for the literal last post (or second to last, if the last is just linking to a new thread)? Or are most people here of the mindset that there can be only one winner?

Either way, I'll be taking both honours this time around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive
Who's going to post for 4 months?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me :king1: I'm not waiting again for whole year. In the last thread we got up to 1000 post in a week, because of me. If I haven't left for several months the game would have ended sooner. But this time I'm not leaving
That was how we imagined it would end back when the first thread was made - either last post before it was locked, or last post before the thread died and was forgotten (a hollow victory is still a victory!). But that was before the mods started enforcing the 10,000 post limit, so as far as we knew it could have gone on forever.

Personally, I liked the feeling of the final rush for 10,000th in the last part, it felt very tense and competitive in the last 100 or so posts (for me at least, maybe I tried too hard? I don't think you'd get the same sort of atmosphere with a vague 'some point after 10,000, mod queue depending' win. Though I can understand the frustration of those who missed it.

I'd suggest maybe double awards, for 10,000th as the 'official' end point of a thread, and for the literal last post (or second to last, if the last is just linking to a new thread)? Or are most people here of the mindset that there can be only one winner?

When did this become a meme? :hmmm:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
When did this become a meme? :hmmm:

Hmmmm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reckon we can hit 10,000 tonight guys.
I just came up with an idea for a prize for this game. Can't the winner become a mod? if they are not all ready. If a mod wins then they become a super mod.
That could mean a complete loony becomes a mod then.
Original post by mr T 999
I just came up with an idea for a prize for this game. Can't the winner become a mod? if they are not all ready. If a mod wins then they become a super mod.

No way! :lol:
Original post by SoggyCabbages
That could mean a complete loony becomes a mod then.

Well, they accepted me. :dontknow:
Well, they accepted me. :dontknow:

This is true….
Reply 52

Posted from TSR Mobile

I swear this is copied and pasted from the last thread :rofl:
Reply 53
I just found out that this is an emoji :hump:...

Spoiler

Original post by jaz,
I swear this is copied and pasted from the last thread :rofl:

It is! It's AJ's losing speech from last time :rofl:
Reply 55
lololol...
Original post by iEthan
It is! It's AJ's losing speech from last time :rofl:

It was not a 'losing speech'. :eviltongue:
It was not a 'losing speech'. :eviltongue:

Sorry for the delay :colondollar: I'm answering support tickets… well… if you say so :console:
:bawling:

Come and answer support tickets with me :emog: it's OK, there there…

Latest