The Student Room Group

English Literature AQA poetry exam 2016 predictions

My predictions are either: Belfast confetti, poppies, futility, charge of the light brigade... what do you guys think will come up (I'm doing conflict cluster btw.)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hope so
Anyone doing the character and voice cluster?
Reply 3
only 2 that haven't come up yet are give and ruined maid so high chance they may come up ( character and voice)
anyone doing the relationship cluster????
Reply 5
Original post by snickersbar

Me:smile: do you have any predictions?
Original post by TheDescendant
Anyone doing the character and voice cluster?

Yep!! The only ones that haven't come up yet are Give and The Ruined Maid so I'm sure at least one of them will be on it, and My Last Duchess has come up twice including last year so it won't come up again. Not sure about anything else though.
i think falling leaves, right word or flag will come up as these have never ever come up before...

Me
Does anyone know if AQA is Changing the poetry exam for the next year 11s??
Original post by grace143
Me:smile: do you have any predictions?

So am I ! The ones that haven't come up yet are To His Coy Mistress, In Paris With You & Brothers
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Elliot864
only 2 that haven't come up yet are give and ruined maid so high chance they may come up ( character and voice)

Yeah my teachers predicted this too, but bear in mind every single prediction I've been told for an exam has been wrong... (still annoyed Curley never came up)

yep i am, the only ones that haven't ever come up are In paris with you, brothers, to his coy misstress. nettles was one of the ones done back in 2011
for character and voice what could you compare "Give" with, for what themes?
Reply 14
anyone doing the place cluster?
Original post by X_Hope_X
Does anyone know if AQA is Changing the poetry exam for the next year 11s??

All I know is that the next year elevens won't be able to have the text in front of them they'll have to learn the poems off by heart
Original post by djdubzzy
So am I ! The ones that haven't come up yet are To His Coy Mistress, In Paris With You & Brothers

I loe all of these, i just don't want born yesterday or farmers bride ( but that's come up two years in a row) or nettles
For Conflict cluster:
June 2013:: power & hawk roosting OR destructive impact of conflict & the yellow palm
june 2014:: effects of conflict on people & out of the blue OR feelings of confusion & come on come back
june 2015:: ideas about conlict & mametz wood OR fear & bayonet charge

so it could be flag, belfast confetti, futility, the right word, at the border, poppies, the charge of the light brigade or the falling leaves or next to of course america i

hope this helps :smile:

ALSO does anyone know how to structure a comparison answer? because i usually do it intro, language, structure, conclusion but i know there are better ways so please help!
For the relationship cluster, presumably In Paris With You could come up, as well as Hour.
Original post by ellatolfrey
For Conflict cluster:
June 2013:: power & hawk roosting OR destructive impact of conflict & the yellow palm
june 2014:: effects of conflict on people & out of the blue OR feelings of confusion & come on come back
june 2015:: ideas about conlict & mametz wood OR fear & bayonet charge

so it could be flag, belfast confetti, futility, the right word, at the border, poppies, the charge of the light brigade or the falling leaves or next to of course america i

hope this helps :smile:

ALSO does anyone know how to structure a comparison answer? because i usually do it intro, language, structure, conclusion but i know there are better ways so please help!

How likely is it of AQA repeating the poems from previous years? Has it happened before in this syllabus?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending